The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

what does FREE self-publishing entail? What does it include or not include? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
what does FREE self-publishing entail? What does it include or not include?
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
unicorn23
 13 Sep 2011, 14:24 #129776 Reply To Post
Hello

I have been here a while and I have just finished writing my book.

I am thinking of publishing on YWO but am not clear on the basics.

Can someone tell me what it entails? Is it just a printing service? Do they help with cover image or editing?

I would love to hear from you,

Malika
pam1234writing
 13 Sep 2011, 16:15 #129784 Reply To Post
Quote: unicorn23, Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 14:24
Hello

Can someone tell me what it entails? Is it just a printing service? Do they help with cover image or editing?

Malika

Hello, Malika. The publishing isn't actually free, well, it is, but you have to pay an amount towards your ISBN and distribution. This gets your book on Amazon and all the online sites in all countries. Customers can then order from any book store too. The cost is low, around £60 now I think, but you'll have to check that out. It's a better deal than anywhere else and the finished product is of excellent quality. Many of us are published via YWO. You will have to employ an editor and cover designer yourself, but again, there are many contacts on here who can offer both services. Hope that helps a bit. Pam.
"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969

Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website
unicorn23
 13 Sep 2011, 23:06 #129814 Reply To Post
Quote: pam1234writing, Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 16:15
Quote: unicorn23, Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 14:24
Hello

Malika

Hello, Malika. The publishing isn't actually free, well, it is, but you have to pay an amount towards your ISBN and distribution. This gets your book on Amazon and all the online sites in all countries. Customers can then order from any book store too. The cost is low, around £60 now I think, but you'll have to check that out. It's a better deal than anywhere else and the finished product is of excellent quality. Many of us are published via YWO. You will have to employ an editor and cover designer yourself, but again, there are many contacts on here who can offer both services. Hope that helps a bit. Pam.

Thank you for a great insight!
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 13:10