The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

invoice help? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - The Hopes, Dreams & Broken Schemes Forum Help Search Recent Posts
invoice help?
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
sandraoneon
 29 Aug 2012, 16:45 #156526 Reply To Post
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right area of the forum but ...
I have recently had a short story accepted for a magazine but the editor wants me to send an invoice for payment. I have no idea what should be on it, can anyone help please?
S
Jane Doe
 29 Aug 2012, 18:01 #156534 Reply To Post
Invoice date. Name and address of company you are invoicing. Your name and address.

What you are invoicing for. Something along the lines of: 'Writing services. X hundred word story (story title) for X magazine.'

Include any reference they have given you such as a PO number.

Amount payable. Terms of payment. 30 days is the norm. BACS details if you want payment direct to your bank account.

x
'Always tell the truth. If you can't always tell the truth, don't lie.'
chickin
 29 Aug 2012, 18:11 #156536 Reply To Post
Yep, copy a local tradesman's or google it, you might find a template of some sort.

Just wanted to add congrats. You'll have to post in the announcements. Nice one.
I deleted my sig.
Jane Doe
 29 Aug 2012, 18:28 #156538 Reply To Post
All that nice stuff too. Damn this crippling lack of social skills.

This post was last edited by Jane Doe, 29 Aug 2012, 18:30
'Always tell the truth. If you can't always tell the truth, don't lie.'
flossy
 29 Aug 2012, 22:28 #156571 Reply To Post

I can't add to Jane Doe's answer but just wanted to say congratulations. That is great news!

quote=sandraoneon, Wednesday, 29 Aug 2012 16:45]Hi,
Not sure if this is the right area of the forum but ...
I have recently had a short story accepted for a magazine but the editor wants me to send an invoice for payment. I have no idea what should be on it, can anyone help please?
S

sandraoneon
 30 Aug 2012, 08:59 #156597 Reply To Post
Thanks for the help, and the congrats!
S
Straylight
 30 Aug 2012, 16:34 #156637 Reply To Post
Congrats!
Blog: https://paladinofidleness.wordpress.com/
"Space Expectations" now out on Kindle
Mostar
 30 Aug 2012, 17:50 #156647 Reply To Post
Congratulations!

Some companies like you to put your UTR number on the invoice (unique tax reference) - you can find it out easily enough. Or sometimes a simple line that says, "I'm responsible for paying my own tax and national insurance". The company will let you know if they need this.

Good luck!

Seandearg
 31 Aug 2012, 13:38 #156748 Reply To Post
Or have you tried - Newcastles of the world - they do a good invoice model for those on holiday.
Mostar
 31 Aug 2012, 19:13 #156760 Reply To Post

Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 02:14