The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

fed up? try another writers' forum << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Writers' Circle Help Search Recent Posts
fed up? try another writers' forum
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
filanddancer
 19 Aug 2018, 08:44 #238886 Reply To Post
Just to let you know I've had 22 reviews of my work (thanks to my own hard work in reviewing other people's work honestly and openly) since Wednesday at 8am. That's in four days. The new site I'm on is so constructive. You can review inline and put comments exactly where they need to be and you don't have to pussy foot around and be too polite so long as you are constructive.
And each week a new set of submissions come up for review. I put up my first two chapters the first week and got 10 reviews, then I was able to upload my first 1000 words to a Hook page and got 28 reviews over the weekend. And this week I've loaded up chapter 3 and got 22 reviews. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the fantastic suggestions people have made and implementing them into my master copy.
Plus you can have a Novel page where you tie your work in together. And you get people committing to reading each chapter as it comes out so you have the opportunity to work through your entire book.
This site is amazing. I would recommend everyone to join it.
gyjcg
 19 Aug 2018, 09:29 #238887 Reply To Post
What are the websites?
filanddancer
 19 Aug 2018, 10:02 #238888 Reply To Post
Critique Circle
I joined on the 29th because I was fed up on here with the paucity of reviews and the pathetic length of them with no constructive suggestions at all.
In that period I've had precisely one useless review on here (I attached all 25 of my credits to my latest book and abandoned it basically) and I've had SIXTY really useful reviews on CC.
No comparison.
You earn credits by reviewing the work of others, depending on how long they are. You pay out your credits to post your work price dependent on how long it is and whether you have other work already posted. Each week there's new stuff and you get the chance to review and earn credits. The more you review (and I always ask for a return review unless what I've read is no good at all) the more likely it is you get reviews back. And you can be honest, as long as it's constructive (a bit hard in some cases) and people are honest back with you.
There are a lot of Americans on there (obsessive about commas) but also people form all round the world and a fair few Brits.
It is such fun to participate in my actual writing is getting a bit neglected and there is some really good stuff on there. If you find something good you can follow it through week by week chapter by chapter right to the end. As a poster you can have every single chapter of your work looked at by many helpful eyes.
I'm working on my latest book (and wishing I'd known about this site years ago) and it is evolving out of all proportion. I am so happy with this site I can't put it into words sufficiently.
I have to say that in this period I have done 120 reviews myself which has resulted in such a return, but so long as you are active on here you'll get reviews. You don't have to be as active as me. Not by a long chalk.
gyjcg
 19 Aug 2018, 10:57 #238889 Reply To Post
Many thanks. I'll check it out.

YouWriteOn was good in its day. I've done over 750 reviews on here, and learnt a lot. But I admit that it is dying a slow death, owing to a lack of site maintenance and other factors.

Julian
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 November 2018, 06:30