The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Youwriteon Bestseller Most Popular on Onlinenovels << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Youwriteon Bestseller Most Popular on Onlinenovels
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
winton
 11 Mar 2011, 10:38 #112930 Reply To Post
My July YWO Best Seller, Beyond Nostalgia, has been announced as one of the two "Most Popular"--General Fiction books for February on "Online Novels" website. BN was only on the site for just over half of February and I didn't even know about it until I stumbled across the site today. So excited!
tchaibov
 11 Mar 2011, 12:04 #112939 Reply To Post
Quote: winton, Friday, 11 Mar 2011 10:38
My July YWO Best Seller, Beyond Nostalgia, has been announced as one of the two "Most Popular"--General Fiction books for February on "Online Novels" website. BN was only on the site for just over half of February and I didn't even know about it until I stumbled across the site today. So excited!

Great stuff!

I'll be in contact later today to follow up about featuring Beyond Nostalgia on my blog.

As per my response to Sammy in the thread about Sugar & Spice, the more we help each other the better!

Part of the success of S&S on Kindle has been these sort of guest appearances on other people's web-sites, often quite unknown to us until we stumble across them.

An American site ran a feature on S&S a few days ago. We had no idea they'd done it until our US sales suddenly surged!

As Kristen Lamb is always telling us, in the new world of e-publishing we are not alone!

Unlike in Waterstone's, there's room for everyone!

Don't get left behind by the e-publishing revolution.

There's never been a more exciting time to be a writer!

http://www.markwilliamsinternational.com
winton
 11 Mar 2011, 13:19 #112951 Reply To Post
Look forward to hearing from you, Mark. Also, that's terrific news about that American blog giving S&S such a big jolt.

Tom

Quote: tchaibov, Friday, 11 Mar 2011 12:04

Great stuff!

I'll be in contact later today to follow up about featuring Beyond Nostalgia on my blog.

As per my response to Sammy in the thread about Sugar & Spice, the more we help each other the better!

Part of the success of S&S on Kindle has been these sort of guest appearances on other people's web-sites, often quite unknown to us until we stumble across them.

An American site ran a feature on S&S a few days ago. We had no idea they'd done it until our US sales suddenly surged!

As Kristen Lamb is always telling us, in the new world of e-publishing we are not alone!

Unlike in Waterstone's, there's room for everyone!

robgilmour
 20 Mar 2011, 16:36 #113671 Reply To Post

Does this mean your book was being downloaded for free? apart from the buzz of being read how does that help you get published and make (some) money. I'm pleased to find YWO authors flourishing though. that adds to the feel good factor!
Rob
This post was last edited by robgilmour, 20 Mar 2011, 17:01
winton
 20 Mar 2011, 18:25 #113686 Reply To Post
Yes, Rob, my Beyond Nostalgia was downloaded for free for three weeks as a test run. It did very well on Smashwords.

The book has now been on Amazon for five weeks in paperback and Kindle. The Kindle is only $.99. As a matter of fact, it actually made it on their "Best Seller" list for Literary Fiction for awhile on Wednesday, which was huge to me.

As we speak Beyond Nostalgia is on Amazon's "Hot New Releases" in lit fic and comtemp romance both. It is also on their "Top Rated" list--once again, in lit fic and comtemp romance. I couldn't be any more pleased since it just came out those five weeks ago.

Quote: robgilmour, Sunday, 20 Mar 2011 16:36

Does this mean your book was being downloaded for free? apart from the buzz of being read how does that help you get published and make (some) money. I'm pleased to find YWO authors flourishing though. that adds to the feel good factor!
Rob

robgilmour
 20 Mar 2011, 19:55 #113691 Reply To Post
Quote: winton, Sunday, 20 Mar 2011 18:25
Yes, Rob, my Beyond Nostalgia was downloaded for free for three weeks as a test run. It did very well on Smashwords.

The book has now been on Amazon for five weeks in paperback and Kindle. The Kindle is only $.99. As a matter of fact, it actually made it on their "Best Seller" list for Literary Fiction for awhile on Wednesday, which was huge to me.

As we speak Beyond Nostalgia is on Amazon's "Hot New Releases" in lit fic and comtemp romance both. It is also on their "Top Rated" list--once again, in lit fic and comtemp romance. I couldn't be any more pleased since it just came out those five weeks ago.

Quote: robgilmour, Sunday, 20 Mar 2011 16:36

Rob

robgilmour
 20 Mar 2011, 19:57 #113692 Reply To Post
That's pleasing to hear. There seem to be many calculations to be made in which publication route to follow! Thanks for the information about your book.
Rob
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 17:07