The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

You've made my day Jokey1234 << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > The Thank-You Forum - Post Here Help Search Recent Posts
You've made my day Jokey1234
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
The Gannet
 21 Nov 2016, 13:37 #200720 Reply To Post
Thanks for such an encouraging review and I'm delighted you got a few laughs.

Also thanks for pointing out the punctuation errors .... grammar was definitely never a strong point. Will also have a look at your other suggestions.

Best of luck with your writing

Cheers

Eamon

pipio
 22 Nov 2016, 21:24 #200746 Reply To Post
Wow spam on a thank you post. Jeez can't we thank reviewers without some bot/dickhead butting in trying to sell us something (or put a Trojan on our device)? That's desperate and beyond the pale.
This post was last edited by pipio, 22 Nov 2016, 21:26
... an honest insult is so much better than an insincere flattery...
rinkytink
 27 Nov 2016, 14:21 #200789 Reply To Post
Big thanks from me to Jokey1234-great review of Othello's secret. I am removing all my stuff from the site and moving on now, but Jokey is a real find in a reviewer and anyone who gets one from her is fortunate-well worth waiting for and one which I will save and savour, so thanks.
"Tread softly - some people have bunions"
The Gannet
 27 Nov 2016, 15:36 #200792 Reply To Post
Do please share with us Rinkytink. Where are you moving to ? We are all getting fed up the Spam and other problems with YWO.
Following a recent review, one of my pieces made the Top 20 but the next day it had simply disappeared into Cybespace.

Quote: rinkytink, Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 14:21
Big thanks from me to Jokey1234-great review of Othello's secret. I am removing all my stuff from the site and moving on now, but Jokey is a real find in a reviewer and anyone who gets one from her is fortunate-well worth waiting for and one which I will save and savour, so thanks.

rinkytink
 28 Nov 2016, 19:42 #200800 Reply To Post
I'm very fond of this site and have been here since 2008, although not much in the last 3 or 4 years. I've completed a couple of manuscripts now (one is with an agent at her request) so it's time to move on to the next stage ie publication. I've used up my last credits and won't be doing any more reviews (I was on the 'tell-it-how-it-is' side of forthright, so my crits probably won't be missed)I've been removing my works for a couple of days and expect to be out of the building by the end of the week. I have tried to support the idea and ethos of YWO but unless someone loves it as much as we do then it's not going to happen. I don't have any other peer review sites in mind-I used Authonmy for a while but found it a bit sycophantic and anyway it's gone now. Scribophile was good but I'd be interested to hear anyone's suggestions. With referenct to Jokey1234, there are still some worthwhile reviewers so it's not all bad but I can hear the fat lady gargling in the wings!

Quote: The Gannet, Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 15:36
Do please share with us Rinkytink. Where are you moving to ? We are all getting fed up the Spam and other problems with YWO.
Following a recent review, one of my pieces made the Top 20 but the next day it had simply disappeared into Cybespace.

Quote: rinkytink, Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 14:21

cheryl
 29 Nov 2016, 08:02 #200805 Reply To Post
I see Amazon kindle have started a review site, but it's not a peer review one. You can put as much or as little as your book up ad ask for feedback. There appear to be other categories, but haven't looked closely. Has anyone used it? You also appear to need a very professional looking cover, which is a pain in the early stages. I do think this site still has value and there are enough of us using it to warrant continuing, imo. Not sure the wait for professional reviews is worth much these days, given one will have rewritten the book three times before it happens. Good luck with the agent, very exciting.
rinkytink
 29 Nov 2016, 19:17 #200838 Reply To Post
I was going to apologise for hijacking the thank-you thread but it's not exactly uncommon around here-agree the site still has value but having to wade through the threads of spam make a mockery of it. This thread is a case in point!
Quote: cheryl, Tuesday, 29 Nov 2016 08:02
I see Amazon kindle have started a review site, but it's not a peer review one. You can put as much or as little as your book up ad ask for feedback. There appear to be other categories, but haven't looked closely. Has anyone used it? You also appear to need a very professional looking cover, which is a pain in the early stages. I do think this site still has value and there are enough of us using it to warrant continuing, imo. Not sure the wait for professional reviews is worth much these days, given one will have rewritten the book three times before it happens. Good luck with the agent, very exciting.

RobertPatterson
 15 Aug 2017, 10:28 #231576 Reply To Post
nice post
oceanofgames
 02 Dec 2017, 12:06 #235994 Reply To Post
sea of recreations free download for pc | See more thoughts regarding Ocean, Pc diversions and Free.
This post was last edited by oceanofgames, 02 Dec 2017, 12:08
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 13:04