The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

YouWriteOn Deviser's Costa Success << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > Costa Book Awards Help Search Recent Posts
YouWriteOn Deviser's Costa Success
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Welcome
 17 Feb 2012, 14:36 #143873 Reply To Post
YouWriteOn Deviser's Costa Success

Many congratulations to Martyn Bedford, who helped originate the youwriteon.com ratings system and criteria for budding writers with fellow author Phil Whitaker, Martyn has been shortlisted for the 2011 Costa Book Awards for his children’s novel ‘Flip.’

The Ilkley-based writer is shortlisted for the prestigious prize alongside literary heavyweights Julian Barnes, a Man Booker Prize winner, and poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy. Martyn is now associate senior lecturer in creative writing at Leeds Trinity University College.

For those who may remember Martyn’s professional critiques for youwriteon members, which are listed further back on our professional critiques forum, Martyn always put so much attention and detail into his critiques. It’s great to see him get this well-deserved recognition for his writing and we wish him every success.

Martyn and Phil backed the idea for youwriteon.com to have feedback from publishers like Random House and Orion, which youwriteon’s new Arts Council funded publishing site FeedARead.com also has, with the aim being to get professional feedback to try to assist writers further and bring talented new writers to the attention of these leading publishers.

View Martyn Bedford's novel Flip on Amazon

The system randomly selects a few members to welcome each day, past and present, from all the many members joining. We hope you enjoy the site.
Welcome
 17 Feb 2012, 14:37 #143874 Reply To Post
Many thanks for the feedback:

Well done Martyn, it's good to hear one of the 'good guys' is getting some recognition. Very best of luck.

Congrats and best of luck.
Triona

Congrats to Martin and YWO. Seems the site keeps building up the plaudits!

Congrats to Martin and YWO. Seems the site keeps building up the plaudits!

Martyn is a fantastic writer, excellent tutor, and really nice person. Speaking as one who was once his student, I can say I really learned a lot about writing and the publishing industry from him. I know several other former students of his who feel the same.

Martyn deserves all the success he's getting.
The system randomly selects a few members to welcome each day, past and present, from all the many members joining. We hope you enjoy the site.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 10:10