The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

YouWriteOn Book of the Year Awards 2012 << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn Book of the Year Awards Help Search Recent Posts
YouWriteOn Book of the Year Awards 2012
Page < 1 Last : 2 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
John Dylan
 04 Oct 2012, 10:11 #158771 Reply To Post
Come on people, there has to be a mistake. Had I been a judge I would've never allowed my Divine Affairs to show up in the above list of winners. How come?!

The professional critique and the tons of feedback I received from kind members of this site enabled me to spot the various flaws in that particular novel. They made me see the huge amount of work that has to be done with characters, humor, settings, voice and language. Anyway, I am very motivated now to get that work done. So, thanks to the judges for their very kind and highly unexpected encouragement and my full gratitude to everyone who found the time to critique my story or my style of writing in general, especially those who showed no mercy in revealing my weaknesses. You tought me a lot and brought me from a phase of pure literary adolscence into a degree of maturity. For that, I am very grateful.
zigotide
 07 Oct 2012, 08:31 #158834 Reply To Post
Well done and a big congrats, John. I was also shocked (and in total disbelief) to see my work up there as well. So true about the reviewers – this is a tough gig, but so worth it!
This post was last edited by zigotide, 07 Oct 2012, 08:32
fxs60
 28 Dec 2012, 16:17 #161455 Reply To Post
Congratulations, all. What a great way to round off the year. Bravo, everyone.
Page < 1 Last : 2 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 15 December 2017, 15:44