The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

YWO author wins TV Book Club Vote << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
YWO author wins TV Book Club Vote
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
YouWriteOn
 02 Sep 2010, 20:17 #97910 Reply To Post
Author discovered on Arts Council funded new writers’ site YouWriteOn.com wins TV Book Club Vote

Debut novelist Katherine Webb's The Legacy (Orion) discovered on Arts Council funded new writers' site YouWriteOn.com has been voted the public's favourite of the eight titles featured on this summer's season of "The TV Book Club". Unusually, the book was discovered by Orion not through a literary agency but through the Arts Council funded site after fellow budding writers on YouWriteOn.com rated its opening chapters to win a free critique from an Orion editor.

Webb's novel was voted for in the TV Book Club online poll for viewers, held between 18th June and 23rd August. Second place went to Kate Kerrigan's Ellis Island (Pan) and Lucie Whitehouse's The Bed I Made (Bloomsbury).

The Legacy, which was featured on the More4 show on 11th July, was promoted as part of a link-save deal in Waterstone's this week. Orion has recently signed a new three-book deal with Webb via her agent Nicola Barr for world rights. The publisher originally signed a two-book deal with Webb after she won YouWriteOn's Novel of the Year Award 2009. YouWriteOn’s Novel of the Year 2010 – The Apothecary’s Daughter by Charlotte Betts – discovered by the Annette Green agency on YouWriteOn will be published by Little Brown in April 2011.

Susan Lamb, Orion m.d., said "We always knew that Katherine Webb was a great debut novelist but 'The TV Book Club' has given her the readers she deserves."

Funded by Specsavers, "The TV Book Club" is due to return to TV in January 2011. According to the show, viewing figures reached an average of 400,000 per week.
This post was last edited by YouWriteOn, 02 Sep 2010, 20:18
darrenwhitehouse
 03 Sep 2010, 08:01 #97934 Reply To Post
Brilliant news!
mkrobinson12
 03 Sep 2010, 08:17 #97936 Reply To Post
Well done, Katherine! And great news for YWO!
This post was last edited by mkrobinson12, 03 Sep 2010, 08:18
Cinnamon
 03 Sep 2010, 08:36 #97939 Reply To Post
That's wonderful and totally well deserved. The Legacy is an excellent read.
This post was last edited by Cinnamon, 03 Sep 2010, 08:37
pam123writing
 03 Sep 2010, 09:59 #97943 Reply To Post
Brilliant! Well deserved. It's a great read.
Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website

"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969
MLT
 03 Sep 2010, 10:24 #97948 Reply To Post
Well done. I hope you have at least as much success with future books
clairewhatley
 06 Sep 2010, 06:00 #98219 Reply To Post
Congratulations, Katherine. I enjoyed reading your article about The Legacy and YWO in Writers' Forum. An inspiration to us all!
nil desperandum
unclearthur
 06 Sep 2010, 22:49 #98276 Reply To Post
Just a shame to see so much hard work as a BOGOF at Tesco.

My Blog
www.cavalrytales.co.uk

'The battle that never ends is the battle of belief against disbelief'
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 18:46