The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

YWO Member's Transworld book deal << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > Costa Book Awards Help Search Recent Posts
YWO Member's Transworld book deal
Page < 1 Last : 2 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
karen milner
 17 May 2013, 15:17 #167561 Reply To Post
Quote: laurinda, Friday, 17 May 2013 10:53
And congrats to Karen for making the Cornerstones WowFactor Longlist this year with 'Deceived'.

Keeping my fingers crossed you win the prize, Karen.
Laurinda

Thanks, Laurinda. I hope I win too!

Did you also notice that our very own Katherine McKay made the longlist with her children’s novel ‘My House Eats People’ ? I hope she wins too. (Thankfully we’re not in competition!)

I think it just goes to show what a valuable resource YWO is as we both workshopped our opening chapters on this site.

So thanks to everyone who critted Deceived or Society of Seers (or Seers as it was also known in another life.) I’m sure it wouldn’t have made the grade without the help I’ve received here.
yellowchair
 02 Jul 2013, 13:16 #169253 Reply To Post
Woohoo ... Karen, I've not been on youwriteon for over a year, but have just come back and found this. Well done, well done! I am so pleased for you. I have read your work in the past and was very impressed.
Katie
karen milner
 02 Jul 2013, 16:06 #169255 Reply To Post
Quote: yellowchair, Tuesday, 2 Jul 2013 13:16
Woohoo ... Karen, I've not been on youwriteon for over a year, but have just come back and found this. Well done, well done! I am so pleased for you. I have read your work in the past and was very impressed.
Katie

Welcome back, Katie and thanks for the congratulations.
The winners are announced next month so I'm keeping everything crossed - most uncomfortable!
Best wishes, Karen.
 03 Jul 2013, 20:03 #169298 Reply To Post
Hello Karen - this is great news. No matter what else happens this has to be a wonderful leap forward. Great recognition for your talent and belief. Well done!
Falco
 29 Jul 2013, 19:39 #170681 Reply To Post
Whoop whoop whoop!
Loving this thread. Fantastic stuff, Paula! Will check it out when it's released!

"My name is Hammersmith, and I will be your guide on this trip to Earth. Oh and this is Bailey; he's just a fundamental pain in the arse..."

Check me out on www.fylerwrites.co.uk
Falco
 29 Jul 2013, 19:40 #170682 Reply To Post
Quote: karen milner, Friday, 17 May 2013 15:17
Quote: laurinda, Friday, 17 May 2013 10:53
And congrats to Karen for making the Cornerstones WowFactor Longlist this year with 'Deceived'.

Keeping my fingers crossed you win the prize, Karen.
Laurinda

Hey - missed this!
More whooping, more clouds, more bizarre fat-man happy dancing! More double-jointed crossed fingers coming your way Karen...!

"My name is Hammersmith, and I will be your guide on this trip to Earth. Oh and this is Bailey; he's just a fundamental pain in the arse..."

karen milner
 29 Jul 2013, 20:28 #170683 Reply To Post
Thanks Falco (and 1290937). Not long to go now before they announce the winners (August) and just as well as I’ve no fingernails left, plus keeping everything crossed makes typing somewhat difficult!
Falco
 29 Jul 2013, 21:17 #170684 Reply To Post
Quote: karen milner, Monday, 29 Jul 2013 20:28
Thanks Falco (and 1290937). Not long to go now before they announce the winners (August) and just as well as I’ve no fingernails left, plus keeping everything crossed makes typing somewhat difficult!

Hey hey - we'll keep 'em crossed, you type like the wind, girl!

Page < 1 Last : 2 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 04:36