The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

YWO Member's Transworld book deal << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > Costa Book Awards Help Search Recent Posts
YWO Member's Transworld book deal
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 23 Mar 2013, 08:02 #164434 Reply To Post
Congratulations to Paula Daly who has signed a two book deal with Transworld, part of the Random House group:

"I was a member of YWO for a few years and am delighted to tell you I've signed a two book deal with Transworld. The first book is a psychological thriller called 'Just What Kind of Mother Are You?' and is out in hardback 25th April 2013. Rights have been sold in eight other countries so far.

I am indebted to the members of YouWriteOn for getting me started. Thanks for everything!"

Honestyanyway
 23 Mar 2013, 10:07 #164440 Reply To Post
A two book deal - hardback print - international rights sold: I don't think it gets much better than that. Well done Paula, all your hard work has paid off and the news is very encouraging for those of us still hoping and dreaming.
My best wishes.
Donna
This post was last edited by Honestyanyway, 23 Mar 2013, 10:10
Palache
 23 Mar 2013, 11:59 #164455 Reply To Post
I remember Paula very well from a few years back - a superb writer and very fair and insightful reviewer (also a voice of wit and moderation on the MB).

Another success story (and another case of delayed gratification) for YWO. Congratulations and good luck to Paula!
my website
karen milner
 23 Mar 2013, 14:13 #164463 Reply To Post
Great news. Really well done, Paula. I remember reading one of your short stories and being blown away by it. I hope you have great success and that you’ll call back to see us wannabes every now and again.
Best wishes, Karen.
dancingsue
 23 Mar 2013, 14:35 #164465 Reply To Post
I remember Paula, too. Many congratulations to her.
the long and the short of it

Paula888
 23 Mar 2013, 17:43 #164486 Reply To Post
Thanks everyone! I remember you all so well. Have very fond memories of YWO. Glad you're all okay and still writing.

Sue, you gave me a review once that said 'I've no doubt I'll see something of yours in print one day'. It made my year.

Love and best wishes

Paula x
dancingsue
 23 Mar 2013, 18:13 #164489 Reply To Post
Quote: Paula888, Saturday, 23 Mar 2013 17:43
Thanks everyone! I remember you all so well. Have very fond memories of YWO. Glad you're all okay and still writing.

Sue, you gave me a review once that said 'I've no doubt I'll see something of yours in print one day'. It made my year.

Love and best wishes

Paula x

Ha! There was something about your writing. It wasn't completely free of mistakes but it had an authentic feel you don't come across that often. I'm very pleased for you.
the long and the short of it

notleyab
 24 Mar 2013, 07:58 #164507 Reply To Post
Don't recall reading that story on here, but congratulations....
Your good news may well have breathed new life into YWO
Zuckerberg Shmuckerberg, Starbucks Sucks
laurinda
 17 May 2013, 10:45 #167536 Reply To Post
Paula

What great news! Congratulations.

I don't yet earn enough from writing to afford hardbacks, but I'll definitely look out for your paperback.

Laurinda
laurinda
 17 May 2013, 10:53 #167538 Reply To Post
And congrats to Karen for making the Cornerstones WowFactor Longlist this year with 'Deceived'.

Keeping my fingers crossed you win the prize, Karen.
Laurinda
Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 15:41