The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Why can't I see my story in any chart? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Top Ten Help Search Recent Posts
Why can't I see my story in any chart?
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
tomandlu
 25 Jul 2016, 11:32 #198225 Reply To Post
My short story, The Widow's Tale, is listed as being in the best seller chart, but I can neither see it there or, after scrolling through several pages, in the top 10+ chart.

I think it entered the chart in May, and I've always applied at least one credit a month to it, which someone mentioned as a requirement on another thread.

The Widow's Tale (link)
This post was last edited by tomandlu, 25 Jul 2016, 11:34
dancingsue
 25 Jul 2016, 12:12 #198226 Reply To Post
If you search the Best Sellers chart by 'short stories' you should find it eventually. To keep a ss in the BS chart you don't ever have to add another credit. That rule is only for novel extracts that want to be considered for the book of the year. Shorts can't get any further.

On edit: it's at number 90
This post was last edited by dancingsue, 25 Jul 2016, 12:16
the long and the short of it

tomandlu
 25 Jul 2016, 12:33 #198227 Reply To Post
Ah! Many thanks.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 17 December 2017, 12:04