The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Why Gruffalo author vetoed ebook << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - Genre Faves - YWO Members Recommend Help Search Recent Posts
Why Gruffalo author vetoed ebook
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 26 Mar 2011, 09:53 #114113 Reply To Post
Gruffalo author Julia Donaldson tells why she vetoed ebook

Interactive apps are a bad idea that keeps children from the written word, says best-selling writer.

The bestselling children's author Julia Donaldson, whose signature rhyming picture books dominate top 10 lists, has revealed that she vetoed an ebook version of her most famous title, The Gruffalo, because she thinks interactive book apps for children are a bad idea.

"I actually really don't like it for children's books," she said on the phone from her home in Glasgow. "I think there are lots of pros to ebooks but ... view full article
RobertB
 31 Aug 2011, 19:06 #128475 Reply To Post
I think she's on to something. Reading fiction develops our imaginations; we all have different pictures of Alice's neck elongating. Being able to press a button and see it stops us using that ability.
jassonmike2
 01 Dec 2018, 05:59 #239456 Reply To Post
There are countless disputes about whether interactive components check the ability of kids to learn or not. In the result, it is up to the origins if they want to contribute their junior with new digital variations. online assignment writing service Fact is, proper records will never have the identical quality for the young age as it had for retired. That is we are living in a contemporary world that confuses us with constant innovations.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 18 December 2018, 10:32