The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

What the publishing from this site entail? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
What the publishing from this site entail?
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
unicorn23
 22 Sep 2011, 17:09 #130550 Reply To Post
Hi

I am looking into self-publishing, am I to believe that the service in regards to publishing with YWO does not entail typesetting, and cover design?

Does the author look into all this herself and have the book ready - typeset, cover image and back blurb, copyright page etc all ready - to be printed via YWO and they do the marketing as such?

I am confused...

Malika
PERRY
 26 Sep 2011, 01:13 #130835 Reply To Post
If it is, you may as well do all that and go straight to a printer. However I do think there is involvement with marketing - I'd hope so.
sulcus
 26 Sep 2011, 09:26 #130843 Reply To Post
Quote: unicorn23, Thursday, 22 Sep 2011 17:09
Hi

I am looking into self-publishing, am I to believe that the service in regards to publishing with YWO does not entail typesetting, and cover design?

Does the author look into all this herself and have the book ready - typeset, cover image and back blurb, copyright page etc all ready - to be printed via YWO and they do the marketing as such?

I am confused...

Malika

marketing is up to the aquthor as with most mid-list authors with publishing deals
"A,B&E", "Not In My Name" and "52FF" (flash fiction anthology) all available on Amazon Kindle

"How a psychopath makes sweet love. I can get you ringside. Royal box even."
PERRY
 26 Sep 2011, 11:58 #130853 Reply To Post
Quote: sulcus, Monday, 26 Sep 2011 09:26
Hi

I am confused...

Malika

marketing is up to the aquthor as with most mid-list authors with publishing deals

Really? They do the editing then? Or just 'facilitate'.
sulcus
 26 Sep 2011, 13:29 #130858 Reply To Post
Quote: PERRY, Monday, 26 Sep 2011 11:58
Quote: sulcus, Monday, 26 Sep 2011 09:26
Hi

I am confused...

Malika

Really? They do the editing then? Or just 'facilitate'.

Facilitate. They don't do the editing. They do typeset/copyset whatever it's called
"A,B&E", "Not In My Name" and "52FF" (flash fiction anthology) all available on Amazon Kindle

"How a psychopath makes sweet love. I can get you ringside. Royal box even."
Joe 90
 27 Sep 2011, 08:50 #130889 Reply To Post
Hi

I am confused...

Malika

Cover images and if necessary illustrations, you could try

http://www.estherkeziaharding.com
my website
taggie01
 07 Oct 2011, 12:28 #131808 Reply To Post
You must get a cover designed, have the manuscript formatted specifically according to the publishing requirements, provide a blurb AND do all your own marketing.
YWO.com publish through Lightning Source and provide distribution through the major lists and online retailers for a small price (includes provision of an ISBN)
Believe it or not it is achievable, a lot of us have done it.
http://www.pruebatten.com/
Athene
 07 Oct 2011, 21:48 #131872 Reply To Post
It might be a good idea to wait until the FeedARead mystery is resolved before taking the plunge with YWO! (see the Book Marketing Tips thread)

Scias te fortasse Romanum esse si animal convivialissimum arbitreris esse caprum
(Henricus Barbatus)

my website
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 04:35