The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Top Literary Agencies Involved << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Top Literary Agencies Involved
Page 1 2 3 4 Last : 5 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
YouWriteOn
 10 May 2006, 08:46 #8404 Reply To Post
Top literary agencies to consider YouWriteOn authors

We are very pleased to announce that highly rated chapters on YouWriteOn will be considered by two top literary agencies each month. The agencies are The Christopher Little Literary Agency, whose authors include J.K Rowling; and Curtis Brown, whose authors include Margaret Atwood, Ed McBain and David Lodge.

This is a really excellent opportunity for new authors to get serious consideration by two of the top literary agencies in the publishing industry. The literary agencies are two of the country’s most renowned agencies, and represent some of the world's most successful and well known authors, and are keen to look at highly rated new authors.

We’ll be starting off by referring chapters from the highest rated Top Five chapters each month that the literary professionals consider in their professional opinion are ready to be submitted to the literary agents. The professionals consider this to be the best way forward for new writers. The agencies involved have requested that the highly rated chapters be referred directly by YouWriteOn.com to them.

Their involvement is a really big development which we hope will be really encouraging, and we hope will be of great benefit to budding authors. YouWriteOn, which started in January, has featured news of its talented new authors in national media such as the BBC News website, The Times and The Scotsman, all with the aim of helping to get talented new authors noticed and published. We wish everyone every success.
This post was last edited by Assignment Robot, 27 Jun 2006, 09:07
HJW
 10 May 2006, 08:53 #8406 Reply To Post
:omg:
Are you hooked?

Oh blogger

Callant
 10 May 2006, 08:54 #8407 Reply To Post
That sounds fantastic Ted. One of the biggest problems any writer has is getting his or her work a fair viewing by the people who matter. Looks like you've solved that at a stroke. Brilliant!
Best of luck to everyone on the site. I can think of half a dozen pieces I've read that deserve to find a publisher.
murrayhurray
 10 May 2006, 08:56 #8408 Reply To Post
I agree. I think I speak for hopeful authors everywhere when I say 'Crikey!"

HJW
 10 May 2006, 09:03 #8409 Reply To Post
It's great news for the site, you admin guys must be chuffed pink. I reckon someone will get 'discovered' on here. I just hope whoever it is remembers us!

It's also a good boot up the bum for all of us to work even harder at this writing lark.
Are you hooked?

Oh blogger

altguy3
 10 May 2006, 09:20 #8412 Reply To Post
Hi

Any idea who at Curtis Brown will actually be looking at the work?
Pls vist my site and sign up at:

www.africareich.com
demolinero
 10 May 2006, 09:26 #8413 Reply To Post
Quote: YouWriteOn, Wednesday, 10 May 2006 08:46
Top literary agencies to consider YouWriteOn authors

We are very pleased to announce that highly rated chapters on YouWriteOn will be considered by two top literary agencies each month. The agencies are The Christopher Little Literary Agency, whose authors include J.K Rowling; and Curtis Brown, whose authors include Margaret Atwood, Ed McBain and David Lodge.

This is a really excellent opportunity for new authors to get serious consideration by two of the top literary agencies in the publishing industry. The literary agencies are two of the country’s most renowned agencies, and represent some of the world's most successful and well known authors, and are keen to look at highly rated new authors.

We’ll be starting off by referring the 5 highest rated Top Ten chapters each month, and also progressing to refer other highly rated chapters later on. The agencies involved have requested that the highly rated chapters be referred directly by YouWriteOn.com to them.

Their involvement is a really big development which we hope will be really encouraging, and we hope will be of great benefit to budding authors. YouWriteOn, which started in January, has featured news of its talented new authors in national media such as the BBC News website, The Times and The Scotsman, all with the aim of helping to get talented new authors noticed and published. We wish everyone every success.

What fantastsic news! And VERY encouraging to all us writers working away in our lonely garrets.
http://www.elizabethjasper.com

Find my books on Amazon Kindle here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lying-in-Wait-ebook/dp/B0055T772K/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meggie-Blackthorn-ebook/dp/B005UBZOPA/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Bed-of-Knives-ebook/dp/B007PT0ILA/
The Other No 10 by Jo Jacobs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IVPN24C

YouWriteOn
 10 May 2006, 09:30 #8414 Reply To Post
Quote: altguy3, Wednesday, 10 May 2006 09:20
Hi

The agents from Curtis Brown will include one of the directors and two of their agents.

Best wishes

Ted
This post was last edited by YouWriteOn, 10 May 2006, 09:30
altguy3
 10 May 2006, 09:33 #8416 Reply To Post
Quote: YouWriteOn, Wednesday, 10 May 2006 09:30
Quote: altguy3, Wednesday, 10 May 2006 09:20
Hi

The agents from Curtis Brown will include one of the directors and two of their agents.

Best wishes

Ted

Yes... but can you name names?
Pls vist my site and sign up at:

www.africareich.com
RiteStuff
 10 May 2006, 09:41 #8417 Reply To Post
Wow this is great! Nice work guys and gals

Good job you added the jaw dropping smilie, May I add

Page 1 2 3 4 Last : 5 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 17:06