The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Timeline Of Bridal Dresses In The Twentieth Century << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - Member Announcements Help Search Recent Posts
Timeline Of Bridal Dresses In The Twentieth Century
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
lucaser
 13 May 2015, 05:00 #185323 Reply To Post
1920s
In his decade, revolutionary changes were done with fashion. Up well to 1920s, bridal dresses were created in accordance with what's the norm. The hemlines rose from shoe to above the knee and became more curtailed. But later, many considered the length of the bridal dress inappropriate for church services, thus the replacement of full-length gowns. In this decade too was the dropped waist and shapeless bodice dresses reach its height of popularity.
1930s
The depression in thirties followed the roaring of the twenties. Women changed from the boyish look to the more profound expression of a woman's body. Normally, the bridal dresses in this era hugged the body of the bride. To emphasize the shape of the body, tulle strapless bridal wedding dress were given boat-shaped collars.
1940s
Fashion in the 1940s almost died down, and the same was true for the white bridal dresses. Clothes rations started in 1941 and continued up to the end of the World War I. A number of brides struggled for silk dresses but most suited themselves for the uniform. Those who were not commissioned in the army wore the same costumes.
1950s
The padded shoulders of the last decade were superseded by the narrow shoulders in the 1950s. However, many brides wanted their dresses adopt the intermediate style. The bridal trains were fashioned after the trains of the Elizabethan era. But another fashion arrived- The New Look outfit. Simply put, the New Look outfit is tailored after the ballerina dresses in terms of length. The dress typically has a jacket bodice with tight sleeves.

AndrewForrest
 18 Apr 2017, 07:00 #226662 Reply To Post
You are right about the fashion. It changes such fast that just blown my mind. Thank you for such a short and interesting article, it was very useful. Also, I want to recommend everyone who needs to find some creative idea about a wedding to visit the resource http://www.weddingforward.com/peach-blush-wedding-dresses/. Just one click can solve all your problem! The resource is so inspiring. I can safely say that I found my best wedding ideas there. Don't lose the chance to make your own wedding day an unforgettable one.
 25 May 2017, 12:04 #226964 Reply To Post
Well, awesome information regarding fashion many year ago feashion is only for woman's but now time is different both are tarying to amazing feashion every days so feashion industries growing very fast in the worldwide, but its not a wroung thing we should do some thing our self, because of this your informative article help us how we can dos some for ourself, now here i tell you about Negan Movie Jacket is really famous Jacket you enhanse your style right now.

calistalbert
 12 Aug 2017, 09:36 #231550 Reply To Post
we should do some thing our self, because of this your informative article help us how we can dos some for ourself.
Just one click can solve all your problem! The resource is so inspiring. I can safely say that I found my best wedding ideas there.
Arrow Hoodie Jacket Of Roy Harper
 14 Aug 2017, 18:27 #231568 Reply To Post
There is lot of changes ahs occurred in the fashion industry and time to time the bridal dresses are changing according the present day fashion. There are some very good online websites like essay writing australia blog which has good varieties of bridal dresses it also sells 1950`s style bridal dresses also.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 22 August 2017, 10:11