The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

The Writers' Handbook 2009 << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Book Club Help Search Recent Posts
The Writers' Handbook 2009
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 15 Sep 2008, 12:23 #44038 Reply To Post
Writer’s Handbook Live

The following is from The Writers' Handbook 2009 Team, published by Macmillan.

"We’re pleased to invite you to attend our very first Writer’s Handbook Live - a day of workshops and talks for new and emerging writers.

The event is created by the team behind The Writer’s Handbook, described by The Times as ‘The book no writer should be without.’

The time: 27th September 2008, 10.30am — 3pm
The place: St. Bride’s Foundation, Bride Lane, Fleet Street, London EC4Y 8EQ
http://www.stbridefoundation.org/reachus.html

Speakers include:

Will Atkins, Macmillan New Writing. Macmillan New Writing was launched in 2006 with the aim of discovering superb new novelists writing in all genres. It publishes one novel per month and welcomes submissions from unpublished novelists. For more information click here

Professor Clive Bloom, Emeritus Professor of English at Middlesex University and successful author. For more information about Clive click here

Tracy Bohan. Tracy works at the London office of the Wylie Agency, widely regarded as one of the world’s most powerful agencies. Their client list includes Salman Rushdie, Martin Amis, Paul Theroux, Will Self, Philip Roth. For more information about the Wylie agency click here

Dr Robert Graham. Robert leads the creative writing programme at Manchester Metropolitan University and has a successful career as a writer and dramatist. For more information about Robert please click here

->

George Layton has combined a successful acting career with a successful writing career. In July 2000 George received an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Bradford in recognition of his work as an actor and writer. For more information about George click here

Nicola Monaghan is an award winning novelist and a fellow of the National Academy of Writing. To find out more about Nicola please click here

Daneet Steffens, Editor, Mslexia. Mslexia is the quarterly magazine for women who write. It provides a unique mix of debate and analysis, advice and inspiration. To find out more about Mslexia click here

Christopher Vernon, Editor, Notes from the Underground. Notes from the Underground is London’s leading creative writing freesheet. For more information click here

Barry Turner, Editor of The Writer’s Handbook; and Chair of the National Academy of Writing. For more information about Barry click here

Ticket Prices:

In advance: £20 including VAT
On the door: £25 including VAT

Ticket price includes:

attendance at workshops and talks

drinks and light refreshments

a £10 voucher redeemable against book purchases on the day

a ‘goody-bag’ of information about writing courses, services and publications

Workshop places are limited and so we recommend advance booking so that you can reserve a place in the workshops that most interest you.

View Further Details & How To Book

YouWriteOn members have been offered a special £5 discount if they book before the 20th September, so the price of the day is just £15 rather than the standard advance price of £20, or £25 on the door. Entry includes a £10 book voucher redeemable at the event against purchases of The Writer's Handbook or other books available from their book stand.

This post was last edited by Book News, 15 Sep 2008, 12:24
tevin7
 21 Oct 2018, 21:43 #239197 Reply To Post
What an interesting and exciting story! I liked it so much for sharing this at my website. I wrote an extended review as short recommendations for future readers. I'd like to have next chapters. Backing on a continuation
Janice08
 22 Oct 2018, 11:06 #239201 Reply To Post
This post is very well written and briefly explained. Is your writers are free lancer or doing any professional job application writers in any company. If i want to hire these writers for my book, will they accept my proposal. Thanks in advance for answering me.
Janice08
 22 Oct 2018, 11:06 #239202 Reply To Post
Thanks
This post was last edited by Janice08, 22 Oct 2018, 11:07
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 November 2018, 17:43