The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Thank you very much << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > The Thank-You Forum - Post Here Help Search Recent Posts
Thank you very much
Page 1 2 3 Last : 4 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Assignment Robot
 22 Feb 2006, 17:26 #2222 Reply To Post
Yes, a truly British website deserves its own 'thank-you' forum where members can be polite to each other over a cup of tea and scones.

We'd like to thank members for being so constructive in their reviews and helping others develop their writing. If you'd like like to thank someone, here's the place to do it ..

This post was last edited by Assignment Robot, 23 Feb 2006, 11:00
Daisy d
 01 Mar 2006, 00:33 #2640 Reply To Post
Hi clare,

Thankyou very much for your review, and I will take on board your valued advice.

I thank you also for pointing out that the word 'crimpled' probably isn't in a dictionary, it's just something that my little sister said to an elderly aunt when she was two and it sticks.

thanks again clare

p.s. I'm new to all this, only joinend this week. lol but it seems okish
YouWriteOn
 01 Mar 2006, 09:26 #2643 Reply To Post
Hi Daisy D

Welcome to the site. Thanks for uploading your chapters, I think Roald Dahl also invented a word or two in his time so I think you're fine there.

Any queries, please let us know.

Ted
lorrie porter
 01 Mar 2006, 09:27 #2644 Reply To Post
Quote: Daisy d, Wednesday, 1 Mar 2006 00:33

I thank you also for pointing out that the word 'crimpled' probably isn't in a dictionary, it's just something that my little sister said to an elderly aunt when she was two and it sticks.

I like the word 'crimpled'. Didn't Shakespeare make up half the the words he used? If your readers know what it means, hey leave it in. I turn verbify nouns all the time.
Daisy d
 01 Mar 2006, 22:11 #2743 Reply To Post
Quote: lorrie porter, Wednesday, 1 Mar 2006 09:27
Quote: Daisy d, Wednesday, 1 Mar 2006 00:33

I like the word 'crimpled'. Didn't Shakespeare make up half the the words he used? If your readers know what it means, hey leave it in. I turn verbify nouns all the time.

Hi Lorrie,

Ive not read any Shakespeare...only a couple of sonnets. But thankyou for that.

P.S

I loved Snagglefoot, I did review it about 2 days ago, but it's not showing on your site? only on my books reviewed- don't know why? Do u?
Daisy d
 03 Mar 2006, 17:37 #2858 Reply To Post
Thankyou andtuck 4 my review I will take into account what you have said.
lorrie porter
 04 Mar 2006, 09:44 #2871 Reply To Post
Quote: Daisy d, Wednesday, 1 Mar 2006 22:11

I loved Snagglefoot, I did review it about 2 days ago, but it's not showing on your site? only on my books reviewed- don't know why? Do u?

Yeah, sorry about that. I uploaded it a couple of times, adding a new chapter each go. The up to date one is on now if you want a gadgers. It has four and a bit chapters - Bless - It'll be needing long trousers soon.

Lorrie
AnneBrooke
 20 Mar 2006, 17:38 #3953 Reply To Post
Dear Megs - thank you very much for your "A Dangerous Man" review - your comments were much appreciated. And, ooh yes, I do see what you mean about the tenses/repetition issues - I'll have to try to puzzle them out myself! Typical me - overegging the pudding again ...

Many thanks

A
xxx
See http://www.annebrooke.com for details of my publications, including the novels, “Pink Champagne and Apple Juice”, due out on 19 June 2006, and "A Dangerous Man", due out later in the year. And don't forget to click onto http://www.goldenford.co.uk for all the latest books from Goldenford Publishers.
Assignment Robot
 02 Aug 2006, 13:38 #12740 Reply To Post
Thank you to all those who provided constructive feedback for others during July.
benkelly
 19 Jul 2007, 14:17 #19730 Reply To Post
Can't help but notice this particular forum being taken over with moans rather than thanks. In particular, the most recent two posts are there just to make a point about poor reviews. If this is such a 'must have' could there be a 'have a general bitch about a poor review and let off steam' category?
"Suck it up, say thank you and move on."

Page 1 2 3 Last : 4 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 14:23