The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Thank you draig << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > The Thank-You Forum - Post Here Help Search Recent Posts
Thank you draig
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
EBCB
 03 Dec 2017, 07:55 #235999 Reply To Post
Thank you for your kind comments - and yes, I agree re the title. The story has been entered into a comp and there we called it The Female Monster - not sure if it's better! The full novel is called Fallen Woman - surprising how few novels are called that. The time shifts eventually didn't worry people - thanks to all the helpful advice we received on this site. Good luck with your own prolific output, Cheryl
DrGuessWho
 05 Dec 2017, 17:26 #236023 Reply To Post
Quote: EBCB, Sunday, 3 Dec 2017 07:55
Thank you for your kind comments - and yes, I agree re the title. The story has been entered into a comp and there we called it The Female Monster - not sure if it's better! The full novel is called Fallen Woman - surprising how few novels are called that. The time shifts eventually didn't worry people - thanks to all the helpful advice we received on this site. Good luck with your own prolific output, Cheryl

Well done ending the month at #1 in the top ten chart.

I sort of agree the title is an unresolved issue. Ideally, it would reflect what is the core issue of the story, ie, the injustice of laws written by men and applied to women by men. Nothing, that isn't a mouthful, comes to mind. My best shot?

At the Mercy of Men

I now have a blog (or two): Geiser Plume; And in Spanish: Ni Aqui ni Alla
EBCB
 05 Dec 2017, 18:05 #236024 Reply To Post
Quote: DrGuessWho, Tuesday, 5 Dec 2017 17:26
Quote: EBCB, Sunday, 3 Dec 2017 07:55

Well done ending the month at #1 in the top ten chart.

I sort of agree the title is an unresolved issue. Ideally, it would reflect what is the core issue of the story, ie, the injustice of laws written by men and applied to women by men. Nothing, that isn't a mouthful, comes to mind. My best shot?

At the Mercy of Men

Too late she cried! Found a wonderful quote today for the book - at the beginning of the trial, from A 1000 Splendid Suns - Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman.
I thought we finished no 2, which is pretty good anyway. best, Cheryl
DrGuessWho
 05 Dec 2017, 21:12 #236025 Reply To Post
On 1st December, the day that counts, you were #1.

The story that was ahead is still in the charts, so must've fallen foul of the credit every 7 days rule.

Either way, it is the 1st of the month that counts, so well done.
DrGuessWho
 06 Dec 2017, 13:19 #236027 Reply To Post
The following link gives you the latest "bestsellers". Yours is at the top:

Latest bestsellers

Ie, it was #1 on 1st December

Looks like Lill A. Gubben wants to be xmas #1.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 14:21