The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Smashwords Premium status Approval << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Smashwords Premium status Approval
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
perrybond
 19 May 2011, 15:50 #117778 Reply To Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for Smashwords to approve (or not) your premium status?

-Just posted it here to get that bot off the front page
-
unclearthur
 19 May 2011, 20:58 #117819 Reply To Post
Quote: perrybond, Thursday, 19 May 2011 15:50
Does anyone know how long it takes for Smashwords to approve (or not) your premium status?

I think it took four or five working days for mine.

http://cavalrytales.wordpress.com
www.cavalrytales.co.uk

'The battle that never ends is the battle of belief against disbelief'
Lisa Hinsley
 20 May 2011, 10:38 #117900 Reply To Post
Quote: perrybond, Thursday, 19 May 2011 15:50

I uploaded one on the 16th, and it's still pending. I read a faq on Smashwords and it says don't ask until a week's gone by, and there are times it can take two weeks.

I guess we keep waiting!
MJ26
 23 May 2011, 01:34 #118187 Reply To Post
Took about two weeks for me.
HERE
Regards.
AFTER GOYA
The Best of Barcelona Ink
taggie01
 23 May 2011, 12:13 #118229 Reply To Post
It took exactly 14 days for me. To the hour.
http://www.pruebatten.com/
pam123writing
 29 May 2011, 18:08 #118712 Reply To Post
Being totally un-techie, although I managed just fine to do the formatting for my Kindle stuff, I'm trying to follow the Smashwords style guide. At the moment I'm left with a ms of allsorts of weird looking signs and symbols. How did you lot get your Smashwords books looking right. can i just submit my Kindle style MS or what? The Smashwords guide might as well be written in Swahili for all the sense it's making. I wouldn't bother and just stick with kindle but there's a bunch of women in the US with Nooks and Sony readers asking me for a different format. At the end of the day it's down to sales. HELP, please!
This post was last edited by pam123writing, 29 May 2011, 18:09
Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website

"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969
perrybond
 29 May 2011, 19:31 #118720 Reply To Post
Pam, I'm happy to help. I can either talk you through it a bit at a time, or you can send it over and I'll have a go.

I unformatted it all and started again, but this is dependent upon how much formatting you use.

1. Do you use italics, bold, underlining or special characters (like accents)

2. Do you use tabs

3. How many heading types do you have?
-
pam123writing
 29 May 2011, 19:42 #118724 Reply To Post
Quote: perrybond, Sunday, 29 May 2011 19:31
Pam, I'm happy to help. I can either talk you through it a bit at a time, or you can send it over and I'll have a go.

I unformatted it all and started again, but this is dependent upon how much formatting you use.

1. Do you use italics, bold, underlining or special characters (like accents)

2. Do you use tabs

3. How many heading types do you have?

I got your facebook message, so am currently un-tabbing etc at the mo. Will let you know if I get stuck. Many thanks. Pam.
Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website

"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969
perrybond
 31 May 2011, 10:10 #118819 Reply To Post
I'm on day 14, still 'pending approval'...
-
perrybond
 31 May 2011, 21:05 #118891 Reply To Post
Yeehar! I've got it!! taggie01 same as you, 14 days to the hour.
I am now 'Premium Status approved'. Now the thousands of people waiting to download Hexult from a multitude of suppliers will be happy.
-
Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 11 December 2017, 15:16