The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Site Member reaches Amazon No.2 with The Afrika Reich << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Site Member reaches Amazon No.2 with The Afrika Reich
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 01 Mar 2011, 13:11 #112062 Reply To Post
Many congratulations to youwriteon member and former YouWriteOn Book of Year Award winner Guy Saville whose book The Afrika Reich reached Number 6 in Historical Fiction on Amazon today. Guy has also achieved number 2 in Crime, Thrillers & Mystery / Action & Adventure on Amazon.

View The Afrika Reich on Amazon

The Afrika Reich has been reviewed in The Times, Daily Telegraph, Sun and Economist, so congratulations to Guy on these achievements too.

Guy was our first YouWriteOn Book of The Year Award winner with The Afrika Reich in 2007. Diving back into the archives, we found this BBC website news article about Guy's youwriteon award View BBC website news item This includes a picture of Guy doing research for his book, and carefully avoiding the sun at the same time.

Also a winner that year was Bufflehead Sisters by Patricia J. DeLois, which was subsequently published by YouWriteOn and became a bestseller in her home state of Maine above a former Pulitizer prize winner that year. Penguin then published Patricia on as a result.

The Third Pig Detective Agency by Bob Burke, one of our children's book of the year winners that year, was published by Harper Collins, and was a winner of the 2009/2010 Eilis Dillon / Bisto Award, a prestigious award for Irish authors or illustrators of children’s books, which has recognised authors such as Eoin Colfer, John Boyne and several times winner Kate Thompson.

Each of the above indicate the talent, but also the perserverance and patience often required to continue to develop and be successful in their writing.
This post was last edited by Book News, 01 Mar 2011, 13:17
carlielee
 01 Mar 2011, 14:58 #112070 Reply To Post
Whoop whoop! Go Guy, go Guy, go Guy

altguy3
 04 Mar 2011, 11:42 #112342 Reply To Post
Thanks Ted for posting my good news. And thanks for reminding me of that BBC picture! To this day people still come up and ask me about the hat and sunglasses - the only excuse I have was that it was 100 degrees plus that day.

Thank you too, Carlie.

Finally thanks to everyone who has supported me here on YWO.

Obviously it's a site of aspiring writers and I guess some of you must be depressed by how difficult it seems to get published sometimes. However, all I can say is that if you persist, if you keep improving your craft and keep submitting, one day (with a bit of luck) you'll get a publishing deal too.

Good luck to you all and I look forward to seeing your books in the shops too.

Very best wishes

Guy

Pls vist my site and sign up at:

www.africareich.com
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 17:45