The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Sci Fi << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - Genre Faves - YWO Members Recommend Help Search Recent Posts
Sci Fi
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
fudgefase
 22 Aug 2013, 12:33 #171794 Reply To Post
I'm helping to put together an online fanzine for sic fi junkies, and I'm looking for contributions. Goes without saying we can't pay (we're just a bunch of fans) but I'm willing to give a photo credit and a short bio piece to anyone who contributes. Stories should be a maximum of 2000 words. Sci Fi rather than sci fantasy. If there must be heaving vampiric chests, can we keep them to a minimum? Lol. Anyway, if you're interested in helping out, here's a link to the current issue
http://issuu.com/starfleetcommandcomms/docs/comms-summer-2011-sml

Thanks. - Jacky
Boldly going nowhere.
Honestyanyway
 22 Aug 2013, 13:53 #171798 Reply To Post
I'm afraid I only write about heaving vampiric chests, but I wanted to say I had a peek at the fanzine and I think it's great - my fingers almost got twitchy for a phaser - on stun of course. There's a lot of really good sci-fi on here at the moment, so fingers crossed they see this.

Good luck, and well done for that 'zine.

Donna
Falco
 22 Aug 2013, 14:10 #171799 Reply To Post
Innnnteresting...
Can you give me some more details about the kind of thing you will and won't accept? I see Trek fiction and non-Trek - do you accept...say...Who fiction? Or does that classify as Sci fantasy? I'm assuming you'll accept original sci fi that doesn't have roots in a franchise, given the Black Bear story, yes? And would you accept non-fiction too?

Cheers

Falco

Quote: fudgefase, Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 12:33
I'm helping to put together an online fanzine for sic fi junkies, and I'm looking for contributions. Goes without saying we can't pay (we're just a bunch of fans) but I'm willing to give a photo credit and a short bio piece to anyone who contributes. Stories should be a maximum of 2000 words. Sci Fi rather than sci fantasy. If there must be heaving vampiric chests, can we keep them to a minimum? Lol. Anyway, if you're interested in helping out, here's a link to the current issue

Thanks. - Jacky

"My name is Hammersmith, and I will be your guide on this trip to Earth. Oh and this is Bailey; he's just a fundamental pain in the arse..."

Check me out on www.fylerwrites.co.uk
Elsieraven
 22 Aug 2013, 15:20 #171808 Reply To Post
What about some flash fiction? If it's not too short for you, I quite fancy creating a few aliens.
=======================================

Just because I believe I'm right, doesn't mean I am.

=======================================
fudgefase
 22 Aug 2013, 16:07 #171813 Reply To Post
Quote: Falco, Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 14:10
Innnnteresting...
Can you give me some more details about the kind of thing you will and won't accept? I see Trek fiction and non-Trek - do you accept...say...Who fiction? Or does that classify as Sci fantasy? I'm assuming you'll accept original sci fi that doesn't have roots in a franchise, given the Black Bear story, yes? And would you accept non-fiction too?

Cheers

Falco

Thanks. - Jacky

TBH we'll have a look at whatever you want to send in - 2000 words is a max, not a min! I guess by fantasy I really am meaning the twilight sort of thing, so alien lands with romances would be acceptable. It doesn't have to be trek based - most of us are Trek fans but we have a healthy interest in sci fi in general - so space ships/other worlds would certainly be ok. Thanks for the interest.
Boldly going nowhere.
fudgefase
 22 Aug 2013, 16:08 #171814 Reply To Post
Quote: Elsieraven, Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 15:20
What about some flash fiction? If it's not too short for you, I quite fancy creating a few aliens.

Give it a shot. Like I say, 2000 is a max not a min.
Boldly going nowhere.
fudgefase
 22 Aug 2013, 16:09 #171816 Reply To Post
Innnnteresting...

Cheers

Falco

Thanks. - Jacky

There are some very keen 'Whovians' in the group. Love to get some.
Boldly going nowhere.
fudgefase
 22 Aug 2013, 16:10 #171817 Reply To Post
Quote: fudgefase, Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 16:09
Innnnteresting...

Cheers

Falco

Thanks. - Jacky

There are some very keen 'Whovians' in the group. Love to get some.

Yes, non fiction (if you can back it up and reference it) would be fine. :-)
Boldly going nowhere.
fudgefase
 22 Aug 2013, 16:11 #171818 Reply To Post
Quote: Honestyanyway, Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 13:53
I'm afraid I only write about heaving vampiric chests, but I wanted to say I had a peek at the fanzine and I think it's great - my fingers almost got twitchy for a phaser - on stun of course. There's a lot of really good sci-fi on here at the moment, so fingers crossed they see this.

Good luck, and well done for that 'zine.

Donna

Donna - how about Robot vampires?
Boldly going nowhere.
Falco
 22 Aug 2013, 16:19 #171819 Reply To Post
Quote: fudgefase, Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 16:11

Donna - how about Robot vampires?

Now that's a fun sci-fi construct with which to play
"My name is Hammersmith, and I will be your guide on this trip to Earth. Oh and this is Bailey; he's just a fundamental pain in the arse..."

Check me out on www.fylerwrites.co.uk
Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 15 December 2017, 00:52