The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Raider Publishing << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Raider Publishing
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
ivor
 18 Nov 2010, 11:55 #105371 Reply To Post
Does anyone have any experience of Raider Publishing?
Turnip
 18 Nov 2010, 16:53 #105397 Reply To Post
I checked out my archives and can share this:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22776&page=3

It looks very much like vanity publishing to me, their website gives that impression, so fair enough. WYSIWYG
Back to my roots.
sod
 18 Nov 2010, 23:19 #105449 Reply To Post
I had some dealings with them before I joined YWO. They accepted my work to be published (obviously at a cost. Quite a lot) but something held me back. I'm glad I didn't go through with it because once I joined YWO, many issues were pointed out to me, which Raider publishing wern't bothered about. My work was nowhere near ready to be published.
I think they just accept people, no matter what the state of the work, just get the money.
Lisa.
ivor
 19 Nov 2010, 08:36 #105471 Reply To Post
Quote: sod, Thursday, 18 Nov 2010 23:19
I had some dealings with them before I joined YWO. They accepted my work to be published (obviously at a cost. Quite a lot) but something held me back. I'm glad I didn't go through with it because once I joined YWO, many issues were pointed out to me, which Raider publishing wern't bothered about. My work was nowhere near ready to be published.
I think they just accept people, no matter what the state of the work, just get the money.
Lisa.

ivor
 19 Nov 2010, 08:37 #105472 Reply To Post
Quote: ivor, Friday, 19 Nov 2010 08:36
Quote: sod, Thursday, 18 Nov 2010 23:19
Lisa.

Thanks for that.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 04:36