The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Patriciafenn << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > Book Marketing Tips - From Members By Members Help Search Recent Posts
Patriciafenn
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
gyjcg
 24 Oct 2013, 12:10 #173641 Reply To Post
Patricia

I tried going to your website (www.PMWilson.wix.com), and it failed. Thought you might like to know.

Julian
patriciaa
 25 Oct 2013, 06:01 #173663 Reply To Post
Cheers! probably me having a super thick moment and putting caps in. The propper adress is:

http://pmwilsonauthor.wix.com/pmwilson

but I found it worked the other day with

www.pmwilsonauthor.wix.com

which looks a bit better. So I'm going to see what happens after I've posted this.

Thanks for letting me know. I havn't a clue really, it's all been a bit of a fumble.
Patricia.

Ah, you have to copy and paste it into google. I guess because it's free. When I get it right I'll pay the fee, probably be easier then.

Thanks for letting me know:-)
This post was last edited by patriciaa, 25 Oct 2013, 06:25
patriciaa
 25 Oct 2013, 08:29 #173665 Reply To Post
Julian, I wonder if you could tell me why hardly anyone put's their website address on the bottom of their posts?

Is it considered rude?

If I see someones website I always click on it, I was told it helps their ratings. It seems such a small and simple thing to do to boost a fellow writer.

I've possibly got it all on it's head, who knows?

Thanks again,
Patricia
aka P M Wilson

www.pmwilsonauthor.wix.com
gyjcg
 25 Oct 2013, 10:56 #173667 Reply To Post
Patricia,

Perhaps they don't have one. I don't, but I'm in the process of making one. That's why I clicked on yours. You should absolutely put your website on the bottom of posts. You need to take every opportunity to advertise yourself.

http://pmwilsonauthor.wix.com/pmwilson works for me. The shorter version didn't work.

Julian
This post was last edited by gyjcg, 25 Oct 2013, 11:01
patriciaa
 27 Oct 2013, 17:37 #173729 Reply To Post
Thanks for that, always useful to get feedback.
I wonder what you thought? I wanted something a bit different from the norm.
When I have some time I'll change the pictures to short scene videos and add some Greek music.
For the moment, I'm simply adding a flash fiction story every month.
I'll be very interested to see yours:-)
Good luck,
Patricia.
gyjcg
 27 Oct 2013, 21:03 #173745 Reply To Post
Patricia

I see your website is a work in progress, but here are a few quick thoughts on it:

The layout of the website is quite informal, which is good. It is warm and encourages you to explore. You might want to consider enhancing the personal touch. The “About Patricia M Wilson” section is written in the third person. Writing it in the first person might be more personal, and help build a rapport with your readers – Just a thought.

The facts behind the Rusted Gun are good, but what about a synopsis? I presume it is fiction based on those facts. Do you need three excerpts? One is good and should be enough to hook the reader. Synopses for your Greek trilogy might be good too.

Still working on my website. I'll let YWO know when it is finished.
patriciaa
 31 Oct 2013, 05:50 #173829 Reply To Post
Thanks Julian, great tips.

Will take your advice and book the website in for a seeing to on Tuesday.

I thought of replacing the photos for short videos, (distract from the rubbish writing, LOL!) and a little Greek music, not that I know how.

Best of luck with yours, I'll be interested to see it, pick up some tips:-)

Best,
Patricia
aka P M Wilson

http://pmwilsonauthor.wix.com/pmwilson
caitlynmitchell860
 03 Mar 2017, 08:22 #226159 Reply To Post
Mind blowing article! A basic investigation to make immediate and important focuses, giving us something edifying about website issues.
This post was last edited by caitlynmitchell860, 03 Mar 2017, 08:54
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 14:19