The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Nominations for Sir Julius Vogel Award << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Nominations for Sir Julius Vogel Award
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
AlfFry
 19 Feb 2017, 05:20 #219447 Reply To Post
With the Thank you forum awash with spam, I am appealing here to everyone who has reviewed Innocents by Sarah Fayermann(YWO Book of the Year award 2014), for a nomination for the Sir Julius Vogel Award for best science fiction novel by a New Zealand author (in 2016). Yes, you can enter a nomination online from anywhere in the world, until 30 March 2017. It will take you 3 - 4 minutes. The more nominations, the more likely Innocents will be shortlisted. So please do this for my 60th birthday (admittedly just gone, Feb 12).

Here is what's on the nomination form, with details for you to enter about Innocents -

This is to enable The Science Fiction and Fantasy Association of New Zealand (SFFANZ) to verify and process the nomination.

Your Name
Your email address
SFFANZ Member? No
Title of work: Innocents, winner of Book of the Year Award, YouWriteOn.
Name of Author: Sarah Fayermann
What the work is: Novel – paperback and Kindle
Publisher: FeedARead.com Publishing
Contact Information for author: Sarah Fayermann can be messaged on Facebook

Here is the online location of the nomination form -

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZQyxTucwpHt-MO-oH0LbvizGxdGcdM7kUDr7rsof2ekaCaw/viewform?c=0&w=1

Here is where you can read the first chapters of Innocents for free and consider buying it on Amazon or Amazon Kindle. (If for any reason this link doesn't work for you, please go to your usual Amazon Books website and search Innocents Sarah Fayerman.) These chapters have been tweaked a little from the openning posted on YWO.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=innocents+sarah+fayermann
This post was last edited by AlfFry, 19 Feb 2017, 05:28
AlfFry
 18 Apr 2017, 01:46 #226657 Reply To Post
Huge thank yous to everyone on YouWriteOn who sent a nomination for Innocents to be considered for New Zealand Science Fiction or Fantasy Book of the Year 2016, awarded by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Association of New Zealand. Innocents has made it through to the final list for judging, so I'll be heading to the award ceremony in Taupo on 4 June and will keep you all posted.

Alf Fry
AlfFry
 18 Apr 2017, 01:46 #226658 Reply To Post
Huge thank yous to everyone on YouWriteOn who sent a nomination for Innocents to be considered for New Zealand Science Fiction or Fantasy Book of the Year 2016, awarded by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Association of New Zealand. Innocents has made it through to the final list for judging, so I'll be heading to the award ceremony in Taupo on 4 June and will keep you all posted.

Alf Fry
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 27 June 2017, 01:03