The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

My book is going to be published! << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - Member Announcements Help Search Recent Posts
My book is going to be published!
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
svelton
 24 Jul 2017, 20:26 #227838 Reply To Post
Not sure if any of you will remember me as I was on here a few years ago. Even if you don't, I'd like to share my news with you so that you know that it CAN HAPPEN!

My debut novel will be published by Quercus as a lead title in 2019. It is also going to be published in the US by Blackstone and German rights have been bought by Goldmann. The publishing deals were announced in The Bookseller today:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/quercus-buys-historical-novel-about-silk-weavers-595426

I found the feedback I received on YWO (sometimes encouraging, sometimes brutally honest!) to be incredibly helpful. Thank you to everyone who reviewed early chapters of my book, then called Buttermilk Alley.

Keep going, keep revising and good luck!
AlexR
 21 Oct 2017, 11:56 #234947 Reply To Post
I remember reading your extract when it was on YWO and I thought it was really good - very evocative. So well done and good luck! I will keep plodding away and hope one day to find success too.
AlfFry
 27 Oct 2017, 06:43 #235002 Reply To Post
Quote: svelton, Monday, 24 Jul 2017 20:26
Not sure if any of you will remember me as I was on here a few years ago. Even if you don't, I'd like to share my news with you so that you know that it CAN HAPPEN!

My debut novel will be published by Quercus as a lead title in 2019. It is also going to be published in the US by Blackstone and German rights have been bought by Goldmann. The publishing deals were announced in The Bookseller today:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/quercus-buys-historical-novel-about-silk-weavers-595426

I found the feedback I received on YWO (sometimes encouraging, sometimes brutally honest!) to be incredibly helpful. Thank you to everyone who reviewed early chapters of my book, then called Buttermilk Alley.

AlfFry
 27 Oct 2017, 06:44 #235003 Reply To Post
Brilliant news - congratulations. And may the sales be substantial.
Quote: AlfFry, Friday, 27 Oct 2017 06:43
Quote: svelton, Monday, 24 Jul 2017 20:26

notleyab
 28 Oct 2017, 19:05 #235033 Reply To Post
Congratulations.
Zuckerberg Shmuckerberg, Starbucks Sucks
kazzy
 06 Nov 2017, 11:57 #235136 Reply To Post
That's fantastic news! So pleased for you. I remember reading your extract on here and absolutely loving it. Not at all surprised it's been taken up. I'll be looking out for it. Well done you!! Woohoo!! ps Are you on twitter? xx
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 11 December 2017, 15:08