The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Lit Agents reside on WwJ << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Lit Agents reside on WwJ
Page 1 2 Last : 3 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Aves
 05 Jun 2011, 09:36 #119354 Reply To Post
Words with Jam – the literary mag you all must read.
Free on line. On Kindle. Blogged. And now it's on hard copy.
Take your pick and enjoy.
Miaow.

RoseRed
 05 Jun 2011, 13:49 #119367 Reply To Post
It must be something in my nature, but the more something is pushed at me the less inclined I am to check it out. However, I did, and wasn't particularly impressed. Again, probably me.
Aves
 05 Jun 2011, 15:14 #119373 Reply To Post
Quote: RoseRed, Sunday, 5 Jun 2011 13:49
It must be something in my nature, but the more something is pushed at me the less inclined I am to check it out. However, I did, and wasn't particularly impressed. Again, probably me.

Yeah, probably is.

Miaow.

sulcus
 05 Jun 2011, 15:24 #119375 Reply To Post
Quote: Aves, Sunday, 5 Jun 2011 15:14

Yeah, probably is.

Blimey you two, get a room
"A,B&E", "Not In My Name" and "52FF" (flash fiction anthology) all available on Amazon Kindle

"How a psychopath makes sweet love. I can get you ringside. Royal box even."
kazmojazz
 05 Jun 2011, 15:59 #119376 Reply To Post

I'm just the same. Never like things being pushed at me - just makes me push the other way. Never have done as I'm told.

Having said that, I subscribed to WwJ a couple of months ago and do enjoy reading it. Perhaps less pushing would be good, though.
papa stas
 06 Jun 2011, 16:53 #119523 Reply To Post
It must be something in my nature, but the more something is pushed at me the less inclined I am to check it out.

It's called "self-marketing" -

one of the few things still left to us writers -

who don't have the luxury -

of a brand-name behind them.

papa
stas (says "push on" - it's the only way)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!
pam123writing
 06 Jun 2011, 18:06 #119541 Reply To Post
Quote: kazmojazz, Sunday, 5 Jun 2011 15:59

I'm just the same. Never like things being pushed at me - just makes me push the other way. Never have done as I'm told.

Having said that, I subscribed to WwJ a couple of months ago and do enjoy reading it. Perhaps less pushing would be good, though.

But no one would know about it if we didn't tell anyone. WWJ was started by some very nice YWO members. A magazine for writers. It's a great mag, funny and informative, free if you get it on line. Not much else is. With over 8,000 subscribers after only one year in production, it's doing pretty damn well, me thinks.
Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website

"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969
kazmojazz
 06 Jun 2011, 19:30 #119549 Reply To Post
Quote: pam123writing, Monday, 6 Jun 2011 18:06

But no one would know about it if we didn't tell anyone. WWJ was started by some very nice YWO members. A magazine for writers. It's a great mag, funny and informative, free if you get it on line. Not much else is. With over 8,000 subscribers after only one year in production, it's doing pretty damn well, me thinks.

True, Pam, and I really enjoy it. Would never have found it without your post. I suppose it was just having it mentioned so many times on two separate threads that started to seem a bit of an overload, that's all.
RoseRed
 06 Jun 2011, 19:34 #119550 Reply To Post
Quote: pam123writing, Monday, 6 Jun 2011 18:06 But no one would know about it if we didn't tell anyone. WWJ was started by some very nice YWO members. A magazine for writers. It's a great mag, funny and informative, free if you get it on line. Not much else is. With over 8,000 subscribers after only one year in production, it's doing pretty damn well, me thinks. [/quote

Well, see that does make a difference to me. Pushing without explaining isn't a good idea. Now I know it was started by YWO members, that's a plus for me. Until you said that I thought it was some kind of spam like you get on all book/writing groups.

However, I'd have to disagree about not much else being free, as that's something we've come to expect from the net. Maybe a lot of it would be better if it weren't.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

(Sorry I haven't been able to find out why my message becomes part of the quote placard. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I thought it might be to do with the end quote html thing, but apparently it isn't).

Hansons58
 08 Jun 2011, 07:59 #119776 Reply To Post
It's important to remember that you can't please everyone. And you shouldn't try. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

If you please more people than you annoy you're doing a good job.

I think WWJ is fabulous.
www.mikehanson.co.uk
Page 1 2 Last : 3 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 15 December 2017, 00:46