The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Leading agent talent spots youwriteon member << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Leading agent talent spots youwriteon member
Page 1 2 Last : 3 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 17 Apr 2010, 15:17 #86358 Reply To Post
The Christine Green Author's Agency, who represents bestselling authors such as Maeve Binchy, has used the youwriteon story review process to express an interest in one of the site's highly rated writers. This follows on from another literary agency that represents The Princess Diaries series reviewing and representing another highly rated site member recently. So keep a check on those reviews!

Member Andrew Wrigley found a free will review for his story Resurrection this week from a literary agent from the Christine Green Author's Agency, suggesting he get in touch.

Andrew informs us they specifically want him to develop his story A Quiet Street in Amsterdam, with a 'loose deadline' of 12 May 2010 to get the first 20,000 words + synopsis to them.

Andrew comments, "It is more than I could possibly ask for, let alone hope for. And it is all down to youwriteon.com. Without YWO I would never have got this far. The website made writing my #1 online pass time and so here we are, less than two years after joining.

Regardless of what happens with these agents, it has been great fun and very enabling.

Hopefully, I will be able to put something back into the site if some sort of deal goes ahead. I certainly feel that I owe more than a debt of gratitude."

We wish Andrew every success, and it is now recommended practice to keep an occasional check on those occasional free will reviews that may pop in. Though recommended not to be chewing anything solid in case you find a leading literary agent pops in amidst the reviews you are waiting for.
This post was last edited by Book News, 17 Apr 2010, 15:22
Lucy Bell
 25 May 2010, 03:27 #89651 Reply To Post
Well, Andrew!Because of the very nice things you said about Kickers, I'm having a bask in your reflected glory!

I wasn't sent your chapters to review, but I did read them and I can quite see why the agency's interested in your book.

I have everything crossed for you and thanks again for your positive remarks about Kickers. Lucy Bell

mkrobinson12
 25 May 2010, 09:35 #89654 Reply To Post
Well done, Andrew!
MLT
 25 May 2010, 12:57 #89671 Reply To Post
Well done Andrew. I hope it turns into a profitably relationship. You deserve it.

Marjorie
monayasir
 26 May 2010, 11:05 #89733 Reply To Post
Best of Luck, Andrew. Wishing you every success, you deserve it.
taggie01
 26 May 2010, 12:50 #89742 Reply To Post
Everybody's dream Andrew. Good luck and a fair wind!
http://www.pruebatten.com/
awrigley
 26 May 2010, 20:45 #89767 Reply To Post
Thanks kind comments.

I have forwarded a sample to the agents and am awaiting feedback.

Will post back one way or the other when I get the word.

Regards

Andrew
Memory... What was that?
Zoe44
 27 May 2010, 21:47 #89878 Reply To Post
What brilliant news, well done and best of luck
x
Palache
 27 May 2010, 23:41 #89893 Reply To Post
Hi Andrew,

I'll add my voice as someone who wishes you a well-deserved break in the big business. Jack
my website
awrigley
 14 Jun 2010, 17:35 #91263 Reply To Post
Hi

Just to follow up on this.

A number of emails have come and gone with the agents. I have had some really, really good advice and feedback.

The book that interests them is A Quiet Street in Amsterdam and they want to see more. The only problem, it ain't written yet and last year's chickens have come home to roost in the day job department. So bogged down right now.

They seem to be the kind of agents who are willing to put in time with the writer getting the material into shape, so they get 5 stars from me. It would be great to work with them, but will they sign me up once the book is written?

I have no idea.

In the meantime I am getting these amazing 'free will' reviews. The thing that distinguishes this feedback is that you feel a weight of certainty behind them. They know what they are talking about. So far, then, the experience is very positive.

As to the credit, it all goes to YWO. Especially Ted and including NickP who did a free will on this sample that triggered a wee brainstorm.

Which puts soap boxes (in the context) where they belong.

Andrew
This post was last edited by awrigley, 14 Jun 2010, 17:37
Memory... What was that?
Page 1 2 Last : 3 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 15 December 2017, 00:49