The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

JD Salinger letters refer to unpublished 'manuscripts' << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
JD Salinger letters refer to unpublished 'manuscripts'
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 09 Jul 2011, 13:20 #123214 Reply To Post
JD Salinger letters refer to unpublished 'manuscripts'

Newly released letters by the Catcher in the Rye author indicate he continued to write after 1965. From The Guardian.

New indications that JD Salinger did indeed leave behind a collection of unpublished manuscripts are given in a freshly unearthed correspondence from the author.
According to the New York Times, the author of The Catcher in the Rye – who published nothing between the 1965 appearance of his novella Hapworth 16, 1924 and his death in 2010 – referred to "my manuscripts" in a 1982 letter to his old friend E Michael Mitchell. A letter to Mitchell in 1994 saw Salinger mention again that he was continuing to write. "I work on," he wrote. "Same old hours, pretty much."

View complete article
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 17:08