The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

How do you post a FREE WILL review? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Writers' Circle Help Search Recent Posts
How do you post a FREE WILL review?
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Purple_Rain
 21 Sep 2011, 00:51 #130374 Reply To Post
Hello!

I tried to post a Free Will Review. And a message in red came as follows:

"Rate the story by clicking on a star".

I saw no stars to click!

Is it a temporary problem with the website? Or, I am not getting something?

I'd appreciate the guidance from those who have experience of posting Free Will interviews.

"Trust the tale, not the teller." D.H. Lawrence
Purple_Rain
 21 Sep 2011, 02:03 #130375 Reply To Post
Well, I managed to post a review. It took me ages to find exactly where the stars are supposed to hide within that web page! If the administrators or technicians of this webstie were reading this thread, would you please consider making the stars allocation easier to do?

I wanted to give the story I was reviewing 5 stars. Somehow, I must have hit the wrong part of the inivisble stars. And it came up with 4.5 stars. I couldn't hang around and waste more time trying to fix it. The author of that story knows that I meant 5 stars.

Joe 90
 21 Sep 2011, 08:45 #130384 Reply To Post
That'll teach you not to be so altruistic
my website
Purple_Rain
 21 Sep 2011, 14:06 #130422 Reply To Post
Quote: Joe 90, Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011 08:45
That'll teach you not to be so altruistic

RobertB
 21 Sep 2011, 20:48 #130471 Reply To Post
I've had the stars fail to appear as well. It's the page not loading properly. If I remember right, I managed to bodge it.
Mostar
 21 Sep 2011, 21:34 #130476 Reply To Post
Sam, you're a darling and I will reply to your email soon. Thanks so much for the fabulous free will review. I think 4.5 if VERY generous, particularly given some of the amazingly helpful criticisms you made.

Things manically busy in my non-writing life, but I will certainly consider your points when I come to do a re-write... this is also an opportunity to give you a public...

Thank Y ou !!!

Brilliantly helpful review!

Purple_Rain
 25 Sep 2011, 19:09 #130821 Reply To Post
Quote: Mostar, Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011 21:34
Sam, you're a darling and I will reply to your email soon. Thanks so much for the fabulous free will review. I think 4.5 if VERY generous, particularly given some of the amazingly helpful criticisms you made.

Things manically busy in my non-writing life, but I will certainly consider your points when I come to do a re-write... this is also an opportunity to give you a public...

Thank Y ou !!!

Brilliantly helpful review!

@ Mostar

Hi Mostar!

You are welcome. It was a real pleasure to read those early pages of something that genuinely has the potential to be an important novel. And I mean that.

I actually wanted to give you 5 stars. However, I simply couldn't see the invisible stars on that web page. And I had accidentally ended up clicking something that gave you 4.5 stars! In fairness to those extracts, 4.5 stars might be apt.

Purple_Rain
 25 Sep 2011, 19:14 #130822 Reply To Post
Quote: RobertB, Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011 20:48
I've had the stars fail to appear as well. It's the page not loading properly. If I remember right, I managed to bodge it.

@ RobertB

I asked the Help Staff of YWO about this problem. This website has many good features. However, that Free Will feature could be improved. The person who responded to me said that the stars might appear if one used Internet Explorer, instead of Firefox. I tried both web browsers. And still those stars are invisible!

PERRY
 26 Sep 2011, 01:08 #130834 Reply To Post
The stars never appear on mine. I have to guess, playing battleship review mark. Arrgh! I have the latest Adobe reader too. Infuriating, what! I do very few free wills now.
Purple_Rain
 29 Sep 2011, 16:13 #131126 Reply To Post
Thank you so much to the Administrator and the I.T staff of this website for sorting out the STARS allocation syestem on the Free Will review submission part.

I just submitted by second Free Will review. And this time, the stars were easily seen. And I was able to give the exact number I wanted.

Thank you so much, and keep up the genuninely great work of maintaining YWO.

Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 17:46