The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Help!!!!! << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Place Where Everyone Knows Your User Name Help Search Recent Posts
Help!!!!!
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
moonhare
 23 Sep 2013, 19:57 #172726 Reply To Post
Help, am I doing something wrong? I had a reading assignment last week with no text and I thought it was the author’s mistake. Now it’s happened again, this time with Hell Town (Working title) by Sam Gregory. I’ve tried logging out and back in, I’ve done a search and found the book and author but still no text. I’ve found it in the charts and opened it from there, it’s at 21, but again, no text. Can someone else check it out for me before I delete the assignment? Thanks.
This post was last edited by moonhare, 23 Sep 2013, 19:59
pipio
 23 Sep 2013, 20:06 #172728 Reply To Post
Yep, it's empty. Sometimes authors change their text online without removing their cred (despite the clear warnings)and it gets picked up. All revisions should be done offline, IMO.
Remove and report.
This post was last edited by pipio, 23 Sep 2013, 20:07
... an honest insult is so much better than an insincere flattery...
moonhare
 23 Sep 2013, 20:10 #172729 Reply To Post
Quote: pipio, Monday, 23 Sep 2013 20:06
Yep, it's empty. Sometimes authors change their text online without removing their cred (despite the clear warnings)and it gets picked up. All revisions should be done offline, IMO.
Remove and report.

Phew! Thanks for the prompt reply Paul, with two in a few days, I thought it was me.

gyjcg
 23 Sep 2013, 23:25 #172732 Reply To Post
Remove and report.

I think blank submissions are mainly down to a glitch in the system. This happens to my work quite a lot. I've got into the habit of checking that it's actually there once I've posted it.

By all means report it to Ted, but I'd also do the reading test and fail it. That way, the author should get a heads-up that something's the matter when they get the automated email.
This post was last edited by gyjcg, 23 Sep 2013, 23:26
pipio
 23 Sep 2013, 23:41 #172733 Reply To Post
Maybe, but this approach seems long-winded and time-consuming. Maybe it would be quicker than waiting for Ted to get round to dealing with it, possibly.
... an honest insult is so much better than an insincere flattery...
notleyab
 23 Sep 2013, 23:50 #172734 Reply To Post
Quote: gyjcg, Monday, 23 Sep 2013 23:25I think blank submissions are mainly down to a glitch in the system. This happens to my work quite a lot. I've got into the habit of checking that it's actually there once I've posted it.

By all means report it to Ted, but I'd also do the reading test and fail it. That way, the author should get a heads-up that something's the matter when they get the automated email.[/quote

Automated emails? What were they?
I haven't got 1 for abt a year - probably abt the same time as I last got an answer to a query from Ted...
Zuckerberg Shmuckerberg, Starbucks Sucks
moonhare
 24 Sep 2013, 07:42 #172736 Reply To Post
Quote: gyjcg, Monday, 23 Sep 2013 23:25
Remove and report.

I think blank submissions are mainly down to a glitch in the system. This happens to my work quite a lot. I've got into the habit of checking that it's actually there once I've posted it.

By all means report it to Ted, but I'd also do the reading test and fail it. That way, the author should get a heads-up that something's the matter when they get the automated email.

Ooops, too late

gyjcg
 24 Sep 2013, 08:22 #172738 Reply To Post
Quote: notleyab, Monday, 23 Sep 2013 23:50

Automated emails? What were they?
I haven't got 1 for abt a year - probably abt the same time as I last got an answer to a query from Ted...

If someone fails your reading test, you receive an automated email telling you. You are then asked to check everything is okay.
ankit
 04 Sep 2017, 11:05 #231888 Reply To Post
Hello friends! my initial interest grow with this online game website which has very rocking and best online game option my friends backgammon online free.After visit this online game website i really love to play online games
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 17:08