The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Happy new year. << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - The Not About Books Tavern Help Search Recent Posts
Happy new year.
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
carters
 01 Jan 2017, 18:52 #201266 Reply To Post
Here’s wishing anyone who sees this before it gets buried under a mountain of spam a happy new year.
Good luck with the writing to all YWO members.
Stuart.
cebridges
 01 Jan 2017, 22:29 #201268 Reply To Post
Happy new year to you too!

(Nice to see a real human being in this post-apocalyptic world of flooring "ads" and ????????s. I feel like a Stephen King plague survivor making my way to Boulder some days.)
This post was last edited by cebridges, 01 Jan 2017, 22:30
paulb
 02 Jan 2017, 13:26 #201270 Reply To Post
Add my New Year's wishes to at least bump the spam off the top for a few minutes. I stopped with YWO at start of 2015 after the rule changes and a succession of superficial 51 word reviews. But with a bit of time this holiday break, I thought I'd come back. Always interesting to read other people's work. Now the site seems to be drowning in spam. Paul.
AlfFry
 13 Jan 2017, 07:52 #202111 Reply To Post
Thanks, Carters. I'm noticing that not only is YWO getting flooded by spam but the ebook world is flooded with material that would benefit from some YWO peer reviewing. Amazon won't let you post a review on Kindle if you haven't bought $50 worth of stuff on Kindle. It's a cruel world. Perhaps we need to be more organized and support YWO writers through our personal networks. Perhaps we might also create a YouReadOn website and/ or Facebook page for self-published YouWriteOn members.

Meantime, if anyone wants to swap book promos or author interviews on Facebook or their website, feel free to message Sarah Fayermann on Facebook.
lordfoul
 13 Jan 2017, 17:58 #202117 Reply To Post
Like wise to all - a happy and prosperous 2017 where all your creative writing is appreciated more than the junk that hits the shops. Well, we can dream.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 17:06