The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Free Will of Flash Fiction anyone? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writers each month  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors' Hall of Fame Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, WHSmith and others! View Hall of Fame

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - The Hopes, Dreams & Broken Schemes Forum Help Search Recent Posts
Free Will of Flash Fiction anyone?
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
maggie may
 17 Jul 2010, 08:36 #93929 Reply To Post
Would anyone care to undertake a FW review of three flash fiction pieces? They are under the title of Charlotte. I am putting them forward for inclusion in a writers’ group anthology and they will be the first stories of mine in print. Very scary. I will gladly reciprocate. MM
sulcus
 17 Jul 2010, 12:20 #93955 Reply To Post
Quote: maggie may, Saturday, 17 Jul 2010 08:36
Would anyone care to undertake a FW review of three flash fiction pieces? They are under the title of Charlotte. I am putting them forward for inclusion in a writers’ group anthology and they will be the first stories of mine in print. Very scary. I will gladly reciprocate. MM

I will. I'm writing a lot of flash myself and submitting them. I'll get back to you with links once I've read yours.

Marc
"A,B&E", "Not In My Name" and "52FF" (flash fiction anthology) all available on Amazon Kindle

"How a psychopath makes sweet love. I can get you ringside. Royal box even."
sulcus
 17 Jul 2010, 13:20 #93962 Reply To Post
Done the review for you. Really loved the first 2 stories.

here's mine, you can comment here or on the comments section of the blog they're posted to. Thanks.

"In The Nursery"

"Compulsion"

"The Forsaken"
"A,B&E", "Not In My Name" and "52FF" (flash fiction anthology) all available on Amazon Kindle

maggie may
 17 Jul 2010, 14:05 #93970 Reply To Post
Thanks very much Sulcus. Your comments are very encouraging. The third story was an exercise and reads as such I'm afraid.
I've left a comment on The Forsaken and will get to the others later. (my daughter is having a 21st birthday BBQ this afternoon.) MM
sulcus
 17 Jul 2010, 14:28 #93973 Reply To Post
Quote: maggie may, Saturday, 17 Jul 2010 14:05
Thanks very much Sulcus. Your comments are very encouraging. The third story was an exercise and reads as such I'm afraid.
I've left a comment on The Forsaken and will get to the others later. (my daughter is having a 21st birthday BBQ this afternoon.) MM

Happy birthday to her. Key to the door

dancingsue
 18 Jul 2010, 13:54 #94026 Reply To Post
Quote: sulcus, Saturday, 17 Jul 2010 13:20

here's mine, you can comment here or on the comments section of the blog they're posted to. Thanks.

"In The Nursery"

"Compulsion"

"The Forsaken"

I read your 'flash' every week, Marc, and I'm impressed by your ideas. I don't, however, think you'd find my editing suggestions relevant and since your followers disagree on that score, I've kept my thoughts to myself.
the long and the short of it

sulcus
 18 Jul 2010, 16:26 #94031 Reply To Post
Quote: dancingsue, Sunday, 18 Jul 2010 13:54
Quote: sulcus, Saturday, 17 Jul 2010 13:20

"In The Nursery"

"Compulsion"

"The Forsaken"

I read your 'flash' every week, Marc, and I'm impressed by your ideas. I don't, however, think you'd find my editing suggestions relevant and since your followers disagree on that score, I've kept my thoughts to myself.

I'd always welcome your editing suggestions Sue, though I suspect you'll credit that. The last two weeks I have deliberately toned down the vocabulary...

My followers, hmmm... almost sense the word 'camp' has dropped out of that sentence. I think the #fridayflash crowd do try hard to support one another. The critics on the whole probably don't post a comment.

dancingsue
 18 Jul 2010, 17:24 #94035 Reply To Post
Quote: sulcus, Sunday, 18 Jul 2010 16:26

My followers, hmmm... almost sense the word 'camp' has dropped out of that sentence. I think the #fridayflash crowd do try hard to support one another. The critics on the whole probably don't post a comment.

That's an honest response and I respect that. I also respect that your style is so different to mine that they're almost two different art forms. But if you'd be interested, I'll review 'Compulsions'. I really like the idea behind it.
the long and the short of it

maggie may
 18 Jul 2010, 18:14 #94037 Reply To Post
Quote: sulcus, Saturday, 17 Jul 2010 14:28

Hi. I put up a comment on In The Nursery but not sure if it has uploaded. (and typically I didn't keep a copy) Let me know if it doesn't show and I'll redo.
sulcus
 18 Jul 2010, 19:19 #94044 Reply To Post
Quote: maggie may, Sunday, 18 Jul 2010 18:14
Quote: sulcus, Saturday, 17 Jul 2010 14:28

Hi. I put up a comment on In The Nursery but not sure if it has uploaded. (and typically I didn't keep a copy) Let me know if it doesn't show and I'll redo.

sorry Maggie, it does seem to have dropped off!

Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 01 September 2014, 21:59