The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Favourite living children's author << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - Genre Faves - YWO Members Recommend Help Search Recent Posts
Favourite living children's author
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 09 Jul 2011, 13:24 #123216 Reply To Post
• Leading writers choose their favourite living children's author. from The Guardian.

Anne Fine on Geraldine McCaughrean

I reckon Geraldine McCaughrean knocks the socks off every other children's writer today. Everything she does is different and everything works – look at her list of prizes. She must write in tremendous bursts. Some years, she's so prolific the rest of us start joking that the fairies come in at night to do her work for her. Then she'll go quiet, so unlike all those writers who are persuaded by their publishers to come up with something every year, no matter how tired or drab. If Geraldine has nothing fresh to write, she doesn't write it.
I came across her work in Edinburgh 20 years ago. A fine review of one of her adult novels, Fires' Astonishment, made me curious. I thought the book so compelling I
View complete article
maryhelenn
 03 Sep 2019, 08:27 #245765 Reply To Post
Geraldine McCaughrean is a great home, I love their works! webnovel
coolkiu00
 04 Nov 2019, 05:03 #246180 Reply To Post
I had the answer when I finished reading your article!
Please used cool maps when traveling offline!
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 22 November 2019, 06:06