The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Does anyone know of a typesetter/cover designer? << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
Does anyone know of a typesetter/cover designer?
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
unicorn23
 22 Sep 2011, 17:12 #130551 Reply To Post
Hello

If you are a typesetter/book cover designer or know someone who is, please let me know.

Thanks
Malika
pam1234writing
 22 Sep 2011, 21:33 #130578 Reply To Post
Quote: unicorn23, Thursday, 22 Sep 2011 17:12
Hello

If you are a typesetter/book cover designer or know someone who is, please let me know.

Thanks
Malika

Hello again, Malika. I use JD Smith for my covers. Here's the link.

http://www.jdsmith-design.co.uk/
This post was last edited by pam1234writing, 22 Sep 2011, 21:33
"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969

Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website
Joe 90
 23 Sep 2011, 08:36 #130611 Reply To Post
Quote: unicorn23, Thursday, 22 Sep 2011 17:12
Hello

Thanks
Malika

My daughter Esther has done a number of covers that feature on Amazon as well as other artwork.
http://www.estherkeziaharding.com
Also illustrations etc. Send her an email, she starts back at Uni next week, but if you're not in a hurry she will help.
This post was last edited by Joe 90, 23 Sep 2011, 08:37
my website
PERRY
 25 Sep 2011, 15:57 #130805 Reply To Post
Or you could simply try your local secondary school arts classes as a competition, offering a modest prize. Keep 'rm off the streets.
That's what I did when looking for a logo for a new company we were setting up. We were spoiled for choice for high quality stuff.

Set the subject matter in writing eg. character against x background, doing whatever and watch their minds explode into creativity.

dancingsue
 25 Sep 2011, 16:47 #130814 Reply To Post
I really think a book cover has to be professionally realised, even if you do go out to schools or friends for the idea, or you have your own thoughts or photographs. Poor typography and no real understanding of composition is letting so many self-published books down at the moment. It's going to hang around on that coffee table for years, so you'd better get it right.
the long and the short of it

SMRandell
 15 Dec 2011, 11:41 #137193 Reply To Post
Rob Andrews is an excellent cover designer and typesetter. He was one of R&DCo and won awards for his work. He even designed the logo for the London Design Festival.

Before you start thinking that you can't afford him, he moved with his family to India, has completely changed his life but recently got in touch to say that he's interested in taking on just this kind of work again. And he's a really lovely man.

You can get him on robbieandrews@me.com and tell him that Sarah McCartney sent you.
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 17:08