The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Branch out and try another forum website << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - YWO Members Recommend Help Search Recent Posts
Branch out and try another forum website
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
filanddancer
 19 Aug 2018, 08:43 #238885 Reply To Post
Just to let you know I've had 22 reviews of my work (thanks to my own hard work in reviewing other people's work honestly and openly) since Wednesday at 8am. That's in four days. The new site I'm on is so constructive. You can review inline and put comments exactly where they need to be and you don't have to pussy foot around and be too polite so long as you are constructive.
And each week a new set of submissions come up for review. I put up my first two chapters the first week and got 10 reviews, then I was able to upload my first 1000 words to a Hook page and got 28 reviews over the weekend. And this week I've loaded up chapter 3 and got 22 reviews. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the fantastic suggestions people have made and implementing them into my master copy.
Plus you can have a Novel page where you tie your work in together. And you get people committing to reading each chapter as it comes out so you have the opportunity to work through your entire book.
This site is amazing. I would recommend everyone to join it.
DrGuessWho
 17 Sep 2018, 11:06 #239045 Reply To Post
So... what is the address of this site?
I now have a blog (or two): Geiser Plume; And in Spanish: Ni Aqui ni Alla
filanddancer
 17 Sep 2018, 11:17 #239046 Reply To Post
Quote: DrGuessWho, Monday, 17 Sep 2018 11:06
So... what is the address of this site?

Critique Circle. I've been on there since the 29th of July and have posted seven of my chapters in the General queue and also have a private queue running and in total have had 184 critiques (reviews) of my work so far.
It's amazing and it works really well. No-one seems to be afraid to be honest, the way you review is brilliant because you can do it inline and put a comment right where it's needed. You get more points for longer submissions (up to 2) and need to write at least 300 words. I've had a number that have been over 1000 words and one that was 5000.
Everyone is really friendly and supportive. It's free for the basic package which I started with but I wanted the opportunity to have my novel loaded on there so I upped to Premium but I've just changed to Premium Gold because you can edit while it is live in a queue which is useful as I'm getting up to 30 critiques in a week and it would be nice for the later ones not to have to repeat advice I've already acted on in my master copy.
I would STRONGLY recommend it as a wonderful tool to improve not just your writing skills but also your reviewing ones, which in their turn improve your own assessments of your own work. My story has improved out of all proportion.
Fil
DrGuessWho
 17 Sep 2018, 14:22 #239047 Reply To Post
OK, thanks.
I now have a blog (or two): Geiser Plume; And in Spanish: Ni Aqui ni Alla
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 19 September 2018, 05:50