The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Books first person narrative << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Book Club Help Search Recent Posts
Books first person narrative
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Rascal
 24 May 2015, 15:23 #185386 Reply To Post
Can you recommend your first person narrative favorites? It seems to fit my style of choice and I'd very much like to perfect it.
Thank you, I trust your opinion.
This post was last edited by Rascal, 24 May 2015, 15:35
Cheers,
Rascal
gyjcg
 24 May 2015, 18:05 #185387 Reply To Post
One that springs to mind is "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier. This is one of my favourite novels, and the first person point of view means that we never get to know the name of the narrator.

(Of course, my little rat, Mot, is tapping me on the shoulder to remind me that he always narrates his novels )
This post was last edited by gyjcg, 24 May 2015, 18:07
Rascal
 24 May 2015, 20:01 #185389 Reply To Post
Quote: gyjcg, Sunday, 24 May 2015 18:05
One that springs to mind is "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier. This is one of my favourite novels, and the first person point of view means that we never get to know the name of the narrator.

(Of course, my little rat, Mot, is tapping me on the shoulder to remind me that he always narrates his novels )

Ha ha
Thank you Julian Read it and still have it I think in French, maybe seek out the English version to be irritated by the translator Loved it BTW
Cheers,
Rascal
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 02:30