The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Best and Worst books to film... << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Book Club Help Search Recent Posts
Best and Worst books to film...
Page < 1 2 3 4 5 Last : 6 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Pipkin3
 28 Jun 2006, 17:10 #11653 Reply To Post
A new film of Charlotte's WEb is coming soon. I used to love the book, but the trailer looks so, hmmmm, I don know. I can;t put my fingure on why I don't like it. Perhaps its because the one playing Wilbur sounds annoying.... and I'm definitely not a Julia Roberts fan (playing Charlotte).
murrayhurray
 29 Jun 2006, 13:28 #11706 Reply To Post
She has lovely eyes though - ageing man swoons

Maybe she'll turn the film around - they said Cruise wouldn't make a good LeStat in the Vampire Chronicles

visinker
 29 Jun 2006, 13:30 #11707 Reply To Post
Quote: murrayhurray, Thursday, 29 Jun 2006 13:28
She has lovely eyes though - ageing man swoons

Look at the size of that gob, though!

Barbara Scott-Emmett

The Bumble's End by Jimmy Bain - Comedy Crime Ebook

The Stiletto Heel and other stories - erotica ebook

MadCow

murrayhurray
 29 Jun 2006, 13:36 #11708 Reply To Post
I bet she snogs well this conversation is starting to make me feel like a fag behind the bike sheds. A fag is a cigarette in case any of our American cousins wonder across this
visinker
 29 Jun 2006, 13:39 #11709 Reply To Post
Quote: murrayhurray, Thursday, 29 Jun 2006 13:36
I bet she snogs well this conversation is starting to make me feel like a fag behind the bike sheds. A fag is a cigarette in case any of our American cousins wonder across this

Off you go then... don't get caught...

Barbara Scott-Emmett

MadCow

Cathf
 29 Jun 2006, 13:44 #11712 Reply To Post
Yeah, be careful. Some of the teachers can get a bit over-excited if they see fag butts on open view behind the bike sheds.
murrayhurray
 19 Jul 2006, 13:32 #12314 Reply To Post
I just got this

Thinking about it, didn't 'fags' as in the non-cigarette meaning come via schools like Eton when there was a predominant amount of it going on. It must have been really confusing when suggested 'would you like a fag behind the bikesheds?' as the person asking might have been a smoker or gay or both.
visinker
 19 Jul 2006, 15:45 #12338 Reply To Post

Barbara Scott-Emmett

MadCow

murrayhurray
 25 Jul 2006, 13:45 #12481 Reply To Post
He'll need a light

NeedRead
 25 Jul 2006, 14:40 #12485 Reply To Post
I loved Catch-22 but the film didn't go anywhere near the fantastic story of the book
Page < 1 2 3 4 5 Last : 6 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 14 December 2017, 13:15