The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Best and Worst books to film... << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Book Club Help Search Recent Posts
Best and Worst books to film...
Page < 1 2 3 4 5 Last : 6 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Keiser
 25 May 2006, 21:53 #9727 Reply To Post
So now other members want to see my pants - is there going to be a new function for this - 'show pants'

I'd start a most attractive famous author but no-one knows what they look like. That's a good one - what do famous authors look like. Okay off to start on this one.

thirdplanet
 26 May 2006, 17:52 #9782 Reply To Post
Hitchhikers they never seemed to get right but then it isn't traditional hollywood fare and they can't seem to cope with some off the wall stuff.
Keiser
 27 May 2006, 04:34 #9812 Reply To Post
the album was best. Douglas was the tops. Yeag
Nate
 27 May 2006, 12:49 #9842 Reply To Post
Quote: Keiser, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 12:21
Quote: thirdplanet, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 21:26

Plus what happened to that actress who was Hurt's love interest? She was hot

She was hot! About time we got on to hot women. Already maybe not so hot in the photo from the film below but they all had to wear boiler suits. Thank you for raising this topic

I think Tara Fitzgerald playing the female lead in Anglo Saxon Attitudes was one of the most attractive interpretations of a female book character

I did this book by Angus Wilson for A level

BriS
 28 May 2006, 14:49 #9920 Reply To Post
One of my favourite 'interpretations of a female book character' was Alex Kingston as Moll Flanders.

What was this topic about again?

Cathf
 29 May 2006, 13:54 #9971 Reply To Post
I'll get the thread back on track then by pointing out one of the most obviously films of books then. (Nothing to do with fancying the male characters in it either. Oh no...)

This post was last edited by Cathf, 29 May 2006, 13:55
Cathf
 29 May 2006, 14:02 #9972 Reply To Post
Oh, and another one which I thought was way better as a film than the book was.

thirdplanet
 29 May 2006, 16:27 #9978 Reply To Post
American Psycho was a great film. I'm still trying to figure out whether he actually did anything. I'm not sure many psychos dissect Huey Lewis and the News while dressing up in a mac to avoid blood getting everywhere
curiosita
 31 May 2006, 00:23 #10057 Reply To Post
I haven't seen or read American Psycho or The Shawshank Redemption, and haven't read The Shining, but thanks for all the great suggestions...

Lolita (Kubrick version) is a very good book-based film, I think.
RiteStuff
 31 May 2006, 00:29 #10059 Reply To Post
Quote: curiosita, Wednesday, 31 May 2006 00:23
I haven't seen or read American Psycho or The Shawshank Redemption, and haven't read The Shining, but thanks for all the great suggestions...

Lolita (Kubrick version) is a very good book-based film, I think.

Lucky you! You have a lot to look forward to. If I had to do it again I'd start with the Shawshank Redemption and don't watch The Shining before you read the book. Enjoy
Page < 1 2 3 4 5 Last : 6 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 17 December 2017, 11:58