The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Best and Worst books to film... << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Book Club Help Search Recent Posts
Best and Worst books to film...
Page < 1 2 3 4 5 Last : 6 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Cathf
 23 May 2006, 11:36 #9470 Reply To Post
Saw the Da Vinci Code last night and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. A bit over-long, and just as unbelieveable as the book, but pretty good really. Silas's self-mutilation scenes were much worse than anything my imagination came up with anyway!
Pipkin3
 23 May 2006, 21:20 #9533 Reply To Post
The interesting one is going to be His Dark Materials. I suspect that it will be very bad because the studios think the American audience can't cope with intellectual arguments.

Yeah, I hear they're trying to squish it down into two films. I agree tha t the last book was a little heavy on the philosophy though.

Have been dissappointed by both film versions of Animal Farm. the live version is the best, but nowhere near perfect...
thirdplanet
 23 May 2006, 21:26 #9536 Reply To Post
Quote: Pipkin3, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 21:20

Have been dissappointed by both film versions of Animal Farm. the live version is the best, but nowhere near perfect...

1984 was good though but then it had Burton in it and John Hurt. Plus what happened to that actress who was Hurt's love interest? She was hot

Keiser
 24 May 2006, 12:21 #9570 Reply To Post
Quote: thirdplanet, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 21:26

Plus what happened to that actress who was Hurt's love interest? She was hot

She was hot! About time we got on to hot women. Already maybe not so hot in the photo from the film below but they all had to wear boiler suits. Thank you for raising this topic

eMad
 24 May 2006, 12:39 #9574 Reply To Post
She got older and wiser?
Please sponsor me for my Writing Marathon in aid of the Alzheimer's Society at www.justgiving.com/esthermadden
visinker
 24 May 2006, 13:07 #9578 Reply To Post
Quote: Keiser, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 12:21

She was hot! About time we got on to hot women. Already maybe not so hot in the photo from the film below but they all had to wear boiler suits. Thank you for raising this topic

Not all that was raised, by the sound of it!
Barbara Scott-Emmett

The Bumble's End by Jimmy Bain - Comedy Crime Ebook

The Stiletto Heel and other stories - erotica ebook

MadCow

Keiser
 24 May 2006, 16:51 #9586 Reply To Post
Quote: visinker, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 13:07

Don't know what you mean
HJW
 24 May 2006, 17:07 #9588 Reply To Post
Quote: Keiser, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 16:51
Quote: visinker, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 13:07

Don't know what you mean

You getting your frilly pants in a twist again, Keiser?

Are you hooked?

Oh blogger

curranbun
 25 May 2006, 10:11 #9665 Reply To Post
Last time I remember his frilly pants were on display. Have they been washed?
visinker
 25 May 2006, 19:54 #9711 Reply To Post
Quote: curranbun, Thursday, 25 May 2006 10:11
Last time I remember his frilly pants were on display. Have they been washed?

Wish I'd seen that. (No I don't).
Barbara Scott-Emmett

The Bumble's End by Jimmy Bain - Comedy Crime Ebook

The Stiletto Heel and other stories - erotica ebook

MadCow

Page < 1 2 3 4 5 Last : 6 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 12 December 2017, 17:58