The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

2010 YouWriteOn Book Awards - The Results << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > The YouWriteOn Forum > YouWriteOn and Literary Agent News Help Search Recent Posts
2010 YouWriteOn Book Awards - The Results
Page 1 Last : 2 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Book News
 30 Jul 2010, 10:58 #95124 Reply To Post
Click here to view all the results

YouWriteOn Adult Fiction 2010 Overall Winner
The Apothecary's Daughter by Charlotte Betts joins the previous YouWriteOn Writers and Award Winners, click on link above, who have achieved mainstream publishing successes with leading publishers. The Apothecary's Daughter was discovered by the literary agency who represents bestselling book series The Princess Diaries by the agency viewing the story's opening chapters on the YouWriteOn story charts earlier this year, and the novel has now secured a 2 book deal with publisher Little Brown - publisher of bestselling authors such as as Iain Banks, Stephanie Meyer and Patricia Cornwell. The Apothecary's Daughter will be published in 2011.

YouWriteOn Children's Fiction 2010 Overall Winner The Scarlet Heart by Justine Windsor, still being developed by the author, is currently being considered by leading publisher Orion.

In 2009 Orion discovered and published The Legacy by Katherine Webb after viewing the novel’s highly rated opening chapters on YouWriteOn.com which had received great support from members. The Legacy was YouWriteOn’s 2009 Book Award winner and has become a top seller in bookstores this summer after being selected as one of the eight TV Book Club Summer Reads, including reaching number one on Amazon UK's contemporary fiction chart in July 2010.

All The Book of the Year Award 2010 Winners & Finalists

All of the following Winners & Finalists were rated as the highest stories on site during 2009 by site members. Click on the link further below to view story excerpts.

Adult Fiction

1. The Apothecary's Daughter by Charlotte Betts
2. Dark Shadow by Karen Milner
3. 65 Roses by Andy Cox
4. Olivia by Yael Politis
5. Lying In Wait by Elizabeth Jasper

Childrens' Fiction

1. The Scarlet Heart byJustine Windsor
2. Gravelight by Andrew Thorn
3. A Pied Piper in Penn's Woods by Rebecca Bartlett
4. Hepworth Pop, The Mermaid, and the Chicken Poo by C.J, Noble
5. The Chestnut that Grew and the Boy who Knew by Jo Heys

Click here to view all of the further 2010 YouWriteOn Book Award Finalists who were under consideration this year - our charts can be searched by month for each finalist in 2009 with links to read excerpts from their stories which were all very highly rated by members

The Judging This year's Book of the Year Awards 2010 saw many exceptional novel openings and short stories. Each of the winners and finalists carried their readers along with the unique worlds they created to be rated the highest rated stories on YouWriteOn for 2009. It was a very hard choice to decide between the stories, and the site's personal judging choice, but what each story has in common, whether a winner or finalist, is that they were each entries to the YouWriteOn BestSellers Chart, voted there by their peers.

Equally, we believe there were many highly rated stories that did not make the BestSeller Chart but which we believe will find success too. We thank every member for their contributions. What makes the site is the contributions and constructive feedback from members to help develop their writing and other members work which gives some great stories to be enjoyed both by site readers and also to enter the wider world of literature for all readers to enjoy.

An extremely big thank you to all our new writer members who uploaded their chapters and short stories for feedback during the qualifying year of 2009 and exchanged constructive reviews. Thank you to all our literary professionals as well, who provided free professional critiques each month for YouWriteOn's highest rated members, including editors from leading publishers Random House and Orion.
This post was last edited by Book News, 30 Jul 2010, 11:02
Temperance
 30 Jul 2010, 13:55 #95149 Reply To Post
Congratulations to Justine and Charlotte, and also those who were placed especially the lovely Karen Milner.

T
xx
Everyone has a price - mine is chocolate

Chocolate is important.
dancingsue
 30 Jul 2010, 13:57 #95150 Reply To Post
Congratulations to everyone and good luck!
the long and the short of it

mkrobinson12
 30 Jul 2010, 14:01 #95151 Reply To Post
Fantastic news for the winners! Congratulations! Well done to everyone who were in the running and good luck with your work!
pam123writing
 30 Jul 2010, 14:13 #95153 Reply To Post
Well done, Charlotte, Justine and everybody else. Thrilled to bits for you too, Karen.
Three Steps to Heaven
'Til I Kissed You
Always On My Mind
A rock'n'roll romance series by Pam Howes all available on Amazon in paperback and e-Books.
Visit my website for details.
Fast Movin' Train - A stand alone love story.
Amazon links on:
website

"And, in the end, the love you take / Is equal to the love you make." Lennon and McCartney 1969
k0306
 30 Jul 2010, 14:17 #95154 Reply To Post
Huge congratulations to the winners and finalists; lovely to hear of their success!

Kate x x

www.katehanney.com
paula8888
 30 Jul 2010, 17:32 #95168 Reply To Post
Congratulations everyone!

I'm absolutely delighted for Charlotte. A two book deal! Wonderful news. x
astormont
 30 Jul 2010, 18:41 #95173 Reply To Post
Many congratulations to all 10 finalists and special well- dones to Charlotte and Justine. Great stuff!
Athene
 30 Jul 2010, 18:45 #95174 Reply To Post
Many congratulations to all, and especially Charlotte - I very much admired The Apothecary's Daughter when I reviewed it, and I'm delighted that we'll all soon be able to read the rest of it.

Scias te fortasse Romanum esse si animal convivialissimum arbitreris esse caprum
(Henricus Barbatus)

my website
altguy3
 31 Jul 2010, 01:13 #95203 Reply To Post
Just wanted to add my congratulations to everybody too especially Charlotte and Justine (everything crossed that Orion sign you up!)

Congrats also to Liz, for getting the no 5 slot.

Guy
Pls vist my site and sign up at:

www.africareich.com
Page 1 Last : 2 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 13 December 2017, 18:55